Baby Corner

Old 01-14-05, 04:30 PM
Cure Autism Now

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Question Sonji ?

May I ask what type of herbal supplements you are taking?
I have also decided to use the time (until DH says it's time to TTC-which might be December) to get my body in really good shape for pregnancy. My last two PG's I puked the entire time and was so unhealthy. I want to start the vitamins early on, especially after my nurse today told me that you should start taking Pre-nate's like 3 months before you start TTC. So i will start those today. I am still on the Depo shot. My next injection is due next month, Feb., and DH said I am not going to get it. He doesn't want to TTC now...maybe later in the year, like Dec. like I said, but we will use condoms until then.

So, in answer to your other post about what I am doing to prepare...that was it. Taking vitamins and stopping my shot. Maybe cutting out some of my caffeine intake, and a little more exercise.

But I wanted to ask about those herbal supp. I was also interested in learning what herbs can help what in TTC.

TIA!

Hope to talk to you more soon.

Old 01-18-05, 10:51 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Jeni

I'm so sorry this post is so delayed but I'm here now. I'm glad you can join us here. I haven't checked this board in a while but I'll be glad to chat with you. It sounds like you and DH are on the right track. It sounds like the same conversations I had with my fiance (although the condoms were only around for like a week). The first thing I did was make an appointment with a naturopath (luckily my health insurance covers it). She took a history and did some bloodwork and then prescribed the supplements I needed. My cycle was really long and irregular (I was O'ing around CD26 if at all) and this current cycle it looks like I O'd around CD16-CD18. I'm on a host of supplements to help not only with TTC but also with my diabetes. I'll try to list them all (although I can't guarantee that they are all for TTC)

Metformin (prescription not supplement) 2xdaily
Alpha Lipoic Acid 2x daily
A multi vitamin 1x daily
Ultra Pure Fish Oil 1x daily
Chromium Picolinate 2x daily
Fertility Blend (at my own direction . my naturopath doesn't think it helps) 2-3 x daily
2 tinctures (1 at CD1-14 and another at CD15 to AF) 2x daily
Tincture 2 contains Wild Yam and Chaste Tree
Tincture 1 contains the same with another ingredient (i can't remember what it is and I'm out of it so I can't check the label)
Baby Aspirin 1x daily
B-complex 1x daily

Like I said before this combination was my prescription from my naturopath. I would highly recommend a trip to see one as they are tailored to each individual and their needs.

Best of luck on your journey. Please don't hesitate to write back.

Talk to you soon
Sonji
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools