Old 10-21-08, 06:38 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 15.71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetobemomofthree

OH my goodness Leanne, thanks for responding.
Wow Tracey, you are such a fighter! I am so touched and encouraged by your strength and perseverance in this endeavour. Please tell me (because I am behind and ignorant), how many IVF treatments you have had, what other courses have you pursued?

Thanks!

Thanks LeAnn!!

Yep! The number is correct, not a typo!!

We started TTCing officially in Feb 1999, and we've never seen those 2 perfect lines. I have lived on these boards so long that I've put down roots! Over the years I've watched many of my TTC friends become parents and move on from these TTC boards, and some I've seen come back again TTC#2, and again TTC#3!!

The simple matter is, if you want something bad enough you never give up. I live in the UK, and so our journey has moved a little slower than perhaps yours would, but we've done all the usual tests... blood tests, semen analysis (by the bucket load) trans-vaginal ultrasound scans (aka dildo-cam

), follicle tracking, HSG (hysterosalpingogram), Laparoscopy (with all the trimmings!).

The only thing they came up with was that I have a slight bicornuate uterus (I prefer to call it heart shaped!), some endometriosis, and that Neil has problems with motility and morphology.

Treatment wise, we tried antibiotics, Clomid/Tamoxifen and two IUI's, when all those failed they suggested we go on the IVF waiting list. But we took a while to make that move, resisting IVF, because we'd been told that there was nothing horribly wrong with either of us, and that it should happen.

That was until we privately paid to have the integrity of our sperm's dna tested. We found that the dna in our sperm is quite very highly fragmented, and we knew from this that our only hope would be IVF with ICSI. So that's where we are now. Doing our first IVF/ICSI - complete bloody rollercoaster!

However, my story is just one of a few long-time TTCers here, who have inspired me, and kept me going when I thought I wanted to give up. Most have thankfully been blessed, but a couple just lurk here, and I keep in contact with them outside of TBC, and always hope, just like I do for all of you too, that they will be blessed

3 Users Says Thank You
hopetobemomofthree (10-21-08), saffy (10-21-08), wymeg (10-21-08)

Old 10-21-08, 07:37 AM
is In 2nd Trimester!
Community Member

Thanked 84 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

You are such an encouragement and a true reflection of keeping the course. Thank you so much for sharing your story and for inspiring us to keep going and best of all to have a spirit of hope and helpfulness like you have. HUGS!

Old 10-21-08, 10:20 AM
is LOVING ALL MY BOYS!!!!!
Community Member

Thanked 125 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Wow, That really helps me to realize how my few months of TTC is nothing compared to what you have endured.

I sure hope you guys get your BFP with this new treatment. Good luck and lots of Baby Dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-21-08, 10:41 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%

Everyone's journey is significant to them, whether they've been TTC#1 for 10 years, or TTC#3 for 6 months. It's not how long your journey is, it's your destination, and when I am blessed my journey will be no more or less significant than when you are

Thank you Tracey and Neil!
hopetobemomofthree (10-21-08)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools