Baby Corner

Old 06-24-08, 11:26 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 25.31%
Default Tracey

I just wondered if you could give us a little update on your journey. I know you were doing respite care, and I thought you were on a waiting list for ivf? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Anyway, I think about it from time to time, and just wanted you to know i'm thinking of you.

Thank you 3Princes!
Tracey and Neil (06-25-08)

Old 06-25-08, 03:55 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 8.98%

Aw Jeanne!!

Thank you for thinking of me

Neil and I have been respite foster carers to a young man since November 2006. He comes to us every other weekend now, he's an awesome young man and we love him to bits!

The placement with us will become permanent next year when he moves into adult services, because we're in the process of being approved to be his adult carers. When this happens I'll give up my regular job (or cut the hours right down), and be his full time carer.

He'll carry on going to school until he's 19 and then he'll most probably do a 2 year college course (specially for adults who have learning disabilities), and then I'd like to hope he'd do some kind of supported employment or voluntary work.

In terms of IVF, it's imminent. I regularly cr@p myself, and my stomach is constantly in knots. The treatment has to work because I have a colleague that I work with very closely, and she's about 9 weeks PG, and I think watching her beautiful bump grow will be too painful a constant reminder.

Anyway, enough of me! How are YOU!!!!?? Joshua and Matthew are growing up SO fast!!!
Thank you Tracey and Neil!
3Princes (06-25-08)

Old 06-26-08, 11:38 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 4.9%

Tracey!! I have been watching your story from afar... and I hope the best for you!!!
Thank you Oreo!
Tracey and Neil (06-27-08)

Old 06-27-08, 04:23 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 8.98%

Thank you Sarah

It's comforting to know people are rooting for me!

I think our infertility has become a bit infamous!

Old 06-27-08, 10:04 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 25.31%

So will this young man live with you once he turns 18? I think that's wonderful for all 3 of you that you have found each other.

Ooh... I'm getting excited for your IVF. Have you had it ever before? How much longer are we looking at? Maybe we can head over to the dd boards together.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools