Baby Corner

Old 10-12-08, 06:53 PM
Community Member

Thanked 248 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 32.5%

I'm starting to come around. We had our first big snow last night, good BD weather

My kiddos are 17, almost 10 and almost 4.

Old 10-12-08, 07:06 PM
is In 2nd Trimester!
Community Member

Thanked 84 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Awesome! LOL! Wow your kiddos range so in age! Can I ask you a question? I have really debated if I have waited too long to ttc#3...I am in my mid 30's and my oldest is 7 and my baby just turned 5.... I was just wondering how the dynamics work...Can the kids still be close and really love each other. I know that sounds like a nutty question, but I have seriously wrestled with it....I am from a home where my mom had us all within two years, '74, '76, '78 January, February, and March! And we were and still are close to each other....am I worrying unnecesarily? My two who are 5 and 7 play and get along wonderfully (about 90% of the time!).....tell me I am nuts...no really , tell me what i need to hear ladies, the truth.....

Old 10-12-08, 07:24 PM
Community Member

Thanked 248 Times
Weekly Activity 32.5%

Yes they are very spread out. You would not beleive how often I get asked if they all have the same father. Yes!!! Then I get hit with why are they so far apart...maybe I should just start whipping out my ob/gyn records. I mean talking about it here or with close friends is one thing but getting asked at the mall by a stranger is just creepy. It does make me a little sad that they are not closer in age but they each have pretty full relationships with each other. My 4 year old really looks up to his 17 yr old brother. DS left for college last month and it's been super hard on the little two. I wonder how/what kind of relationship #4 will have with the older sibs. There is always a bit of juggling with interests and activities when they are so spread out but nothing too demanding. I've kind of enjoyed them each having their own baby/toddlerhood. I can't imagine having two in diapers at once. I don't know, anybody else have a big age range?
Thank you alb526!
hopetobemomofthree (10-12-08)

Old 10-12-08, 08:26 PM
is In 2nd Trimester!
Community Member

Thanked 84 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Thanks for sharing, I am sorry if I was rude. I am just really struggling with how fair it will be with #3...you know what I mean? I am sure that it will all work out if this is God's will for our family....

I am so sorry to hear that your little ones are missing big brother, that is so sweet! Thanks for your honesty and your positive attitude and spirit!

Old 10-12-08, 08:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 248 Times
Weekly Activity 32.5%

I know exactly what you mean. It's always in the back of my mind. I'm always looking for families like ours and interested to see how they operate. I feel a little selfish that we still want more but we've always wanted a large family just had a hard time getting there. And in this day and age mid to late thirties is not considered old at all. It is kind of weird to be discussing BC with DS and TTC at the same time. Our family is going to flip out if/when we get PGers but that's a different topic.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools