Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

TTC for 3 months

Reply Post New Topic

• Meli1972 02-01-07 | 03:15 PM
  • Hello everyone,

I am new to this website. Actually my first time on a message board, I hope I have the right forum, for TTC.

My husband and I have been TTC for the past 3 months. We are approaching my "fertile days" again, and Im going to use a Ovulation kit this time. I was wondering if any of you had any experience regarding these two things.

1. Does anyone suggest the best time to use the Ovulation kit test? I heard the in am is easiest, but it can miss the LH surge detection, which is better in the afternoon. ??
    2. Has anyone tried to take Robitussin to increase cervical mucus and did it work? Ive heard its a remedy for producing CM.

Just looking for some advice if any of you have time.

Thank you,

Melissa
  • KJCsabre KJCsabre's Avatar 02-01-07 | 04:32 PM
  • Hi! I used to use the OPTs before I got my monitor and I used it at approximately the same time every morning.

They are fairly easy to read... I haven't taken the Robutussin though... I know some ladies on here have
  • Susan Susan's Avatar 02-01-07 | 04:34 PM

•  

i used the opk in the morning about the same time

i have never used robitussin but i know some ladies on here have

good luck
  • Meli1972 02-02-07 | 01:40 PM
  • Thank you Susan and KJCsabre for your responses, I appreciate it.
  • nickyswifey nickyswifey's Avatar 02-02-07 | 11:54 PM
  • Hello there and welcome! The OPK's are very reliable, I do mine at about 5 pm when I get home from work. Any time is okay but the evening is best, I would read the instructions that came with your OPK. Regarding the robotussin, it will not Increase your CM, it will thin what CM your body already produces, making it easier for the sperm to travel through.