Baby Corner

Old 07-23-06, 01:57 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default TTC After Fertility Meds

Hi Everyone,

I am new here. I have been TTC for 20 cy's now. My ob/gyn told me that I had bad eggs (I am 37) and would prob never get pg. I have had 7IUI's (one with clomid and 6 with follistim) and still nothing. We have decided not to go for IVF.

I was just wondering if anyone has gotten pg on their own after fertility meds?

Lanie

Old 07-23-06, 05:14 PM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hi welcome to TBC!

I have not gotten pregnant and have used several fertility meds. I can tell you though, my cycles are what they were before I used any medications if that was maybe what you were asking?

I'm interested in knowing why your obgyn thinks you have bad eggs? I am assuming maybe it was from your FSH level? Please know I personally know of several ladies who lowered their fsh levels with diet and different vitamins.

If your fsh level is normal, the only true way to know if someone has bad eggs it to examine them during IVF. So.. if your doctor is telling you that's the reason your not getting pregnant, and he has no real backup to say that, I would truly seek a second opinion.

Welcome again.

Old 07-24-06, 08:56 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Baby Hungry - Thanks for the welcome!

My ob/gyn told me that my FSH level is very high and that if I did get pg it would prob end in m/c. He then sent me over the an RE. I did get pg with my 3rd IUI (2nd on follistim) and it did end in m/c at 11 weeks. Now after 7 IUI's, I can no longer do any more.

I was just wondering if there was anyone out there like me.

Lanie

Old 07-26-06, 11:38 AM
SAHM mom of two.

Thanked 50 Times
Weekly Activity 4.9%

I was told that my FSH was too high (after a clomid challenge test) and that I'd never get pregnant. I gave up. Stopped all drugs and got pregnant three cycles later.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools