Baby Corner

Old 12-06-07, 06:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default TTC AFTER A REVERSAL

hi everyone I am new to the group i had a reversal in March /07 and i just had a HSG on Tuesday this week I have one tube open as he could tell , has anyone had this problem before ...I am curious how quickly someone can get pregnant afterwards and if you can still get pregnant with one tube ...or does it matter???

Old 12-06-07, 07:35 PM
Momma to 2 boys

Thanked 41 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

i know many poeple have been able to get prego with just one tube. good luck in your journey to concieve

Old 12-06-07, 08:12 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

I have also heard of many women getting pg with just one tube! Good Luck!!

Old 12-07-07, 07:24 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

Hi there!

Sorry, I don't have personal experience of sterilisation reversal. But have researched information on the internet about only having one functional tube, and have read that it is still possible, but studies show that it can take a little longer than average. It has been proved that your functioning tube can pick up eggs from either ovary, it's rare but possible!

I'm guessing that they believe both your ovaries to be healthy and functioning? If so then there should be a good chance of it happening for you! I wanted to add that we've had a few women who have got pregnant after having an HSG, so I wish you lots of luck!

Old 12-08-07, 02:46 AM
Trina, wife, mom, granny!

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm one of them. I had reversal done with only one tube and ovary left. I was a bit older however and it did take us nearly 9 years to finally get pg. I did however and we had the girl of our dreams. I was 39 when I delivered her. It can be done..the timing is so different with everyone too. Good luck and I know how hard this is and how many people told me..but try not to stress it..I let it get to me big time and I'm pretty sure it played a bit of a roll in how long it took me.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools