Baby Corner

Old 08-29-12, 12:39 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 5300%
Smile TTC driving myself crazy

Hi everyone,
I am new on here and been TTC for only 1 month. Didn't have much luck on the first try. My husband has recently had a vasectomy reversal and now just waiting to see what happens. Between the excitement and stress of worrying whether it will happen next month is driving me crazy. Not only the disappointment I have after seeing a negative test result. Any ideas? or advice that would help please comment. Thanks

Old 08-29-12, 12:29 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

My advice would be to STOP stressing and thinking about it all the time. 1 month is not a big deal to have missed the mark. Have fun with your husband and enjoy your time together.

Old 08-30-12, 07:02 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 5300%

I know you are exactly right. I have tried that, just a little easier said than done especially after you wanted this for so long and now that it's finally here it's kinda hard to forget about it. Thanks for the advice and I will keep trying not to stress and think about it so much.

Old 08-30-12, 10:16 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

Welcome to TBC! Success after a vasectomy reversal is unpredictable. I've known lots of of women who've achieved pregnancy after a reversal but many of them did have to try for a while. Expecting success after one month is pretty lofty.

Has DH been tested by his urologist to ensure that the procedure worked?

The good news is that you get to enjoy each other A LOT and that's pretty fun!

If, after a year, you haven't gotten pregnant, it would be worth a chat with the urologist and/or your OB to make sure all is still A-OK.

We hope you'll keep hanging out with us. We're exicted to journey with you!

Latest Articles
Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools