Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive U/s and b/w 2,340.. It's "go" time!

U/s and b/w 2,340.. It's "go" time!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 08-12-08, 01:27 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 44.29%
Default U/s and b/w 2,340.. It's "go" time!

Ok, not really but it seems like it. Today went much better. I told the b/w lady that I would wait as long as I had to to get the good tech.
I have 1 18x18 follie, and one 18x20, both of which are considered mature. Then I have two others, which are in the 14 range. The u/s tech said that the 2 bigger ones were the best options and that was a good number.
The nurse (who has a below average bedside manner I've decided) said that while the 2 mature ones were great, that the smaller ones were capable of having mature eggs and I could possobly still ovulate 4 eggs. D@MMIT!

But I asked her if this is a typical cycle of injectibles type scan, and she said yes-- it's very good. So... I'm going to forge ahead with the IUI. I keep trying to remind myself... the success rate of the whole procedure is less than 20% I believe. Of those, the chance of having a singleton pregnancy is 80%. The chance of having twins is 15%, and the chance of higher order multiples is 5%. So really.... it's not that big of a chance, but I am feeling the pressure.... a lot.

Old 08-12-08, 01:44 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Good luck! Sounds really promising!

Old 08-12-08, 01:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

4 is a perfect number, Don't be scared. I have done cycles with 6. Sounds great. My DR always said 500 per follicle, so sounds like your levels are right for 4 follicles.

Old 08-12-08, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

Oh.. I just made that number up for fun. Welcome, by the way.

Old 08-12-08, 02:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks, sounds sick I know but I am excited to be back in this TTC game.

Amy

Latest Articles
Celebrity Baby Watch November 2014
Find out whose pregnant, and whose expecting in our monthly celebrity pregnancy and births update for November, 2014.

The Importance of Baby Talk and Why Fathers Need to Do it More
A new study shows that verbal communication with babies happens more by Moms more than Dads. If you are a new Dad, here are some tips for talking more to your baby.

Can What a Man Drinks Affect His Fertility?
Yes. It turns out that drinking a pint of beer per day helps increase male fertility. Learn why.

Maternity Belts To Relieve Back and Pelvic Pain in Pregnancy
Consider using a maternity belt to help relieve the back and pelvic pressure and pain you might feel during your third trimester of pregnancy.

Headaches and Migraines in Pregnancy: What are Your Options?
If you suffer from migraine headaches, they be felt more often during pregnancy. However, there are things you can do during to feel better. Here are natural, and medical remedies that can help.

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools