Baby Corner


Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards


Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive U/s and b/w 2,340.. It's "go" time!



U/s and b/w 2,340.. It's "go" time!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

 
Thread Tools Display Modes


 
Old 08-12-08, 01:27 PM
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Romper Room
Posts: 14,854
Thanked 1,117 Times
Points: 7
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 39.57%
Default U/s and b/w 2,340.. It's "go" time!

Ok, not really but it seems like it. Today went much better. I told the b/w lady that I would wait as long as I had to to get the good tech.
I have 1 18x18 follie, and one 18x20, both of which are considered mature. Then I have two others, which are in the 14 range. The u/s tech said that the 2 bigger ones were the best options and that was a good number.
The nurse (who has a below average bedside manner I've decided) said that while the 2 mature ones were great, that the smaller ones were capable of having mature eggs and I could possobly still ovulate 4 eggs. D@MMIT!

But I asked her if this is a typical cycle of injectibles type scan, and she said yes-- it's very good. So... I'm going to forge ahead with the IUI. I keep trying to remind myself... the success rate of the whole procedure is less than 20% I believe. Of those, the chance of having a singleton pregnancy is 80%. The chance of having twins is 15%, and the chance of higher order multiples is 5%. So really.... it's not that big of a chance, but I am feeling the pressure.... a lot.
Reply With Quote
 
Old 08-12-08, 01:44 PM
countrycutieluv's Avatar
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Between an Orchard and a Field,Ca
Posts: 2,480
Thanked 523 Times
Points: 1
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.28%
Default

Good luck! Sounds really promising!
Reply With Quote
 
Old 08-12-08, 01:55 PM
Community Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15
Thanked 1 Time
Points: 1
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.28%
Default

4 is a perfect number, Don't be scared. I have done cycles with 6. Sounds great. My DR always said 500 per follicle, so sounds like your levels are right for 4 follicles.
Reply With Quote
 
Old 08-12-08, 01:57 PM
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Romper Room
Posts: 14,854
Thanked 1,117 Times
Points: 7
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 39.57%
Default

Oh.. I just made that number up for fun. Welcome, by the way.
Reply With Quote
 
Old 08-12-08, 02:01 PM
Community Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15
Thanked 1 Time
Points: 1
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.28%
Default

Thanks, sounds sick I know but I am excited to be back in this TTC game.

Amy
Reply With Quote

Latest Articles
Simpler Drug Labels for Pregnant and Breastfeeding Mothers
If you've ever looked at your prescription bottles, you may have wondered, "Is this medication safe during pregnancy?" New labeling guidelines released by the FDA will now make it easier for you to know what medications are safe for pregnant and breast

Can You Take Too Much Folic Acid?
If you are diligently making sure you get as much folic acid as you possible can every day, you may want to read about this startling new research that says too much folic acid may actually be harmful.

New Alcohol in Pregnancy Guidelines Issued in the UK
New guidelines on drinking alcohol before and during pregnancy from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in the U.K. have been released. How do their guidelines compare to those in the U.S.?

Woman Gives Birth to Surprise 14 Pound Baby
Another rare case of big baby syndrome, macrosomia, occurred in Tampa Floria last month, when a woman gave birth to an amazing 14 pound baby.

Olive Oil In Women's Diets Can Boost Fertility
If you have been eating a low fat diet and trying to conceive, researchers say you might want to think twice. Healthy oils and fats can help to increase your chances of conceiving by as much as 40%.

January 2015 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Puddin' Smile" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Puddin15!

Calculators & Tools

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Pregnancy | Fertility | Baby | Toddler | Free Baby Stuff! | Community | Baby Names

About Baby Corner | Advertising | Editorial | Contact Baby Corner | Terms of Use | Privacy Notice


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright © 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.