Baby Corner

Old 10-06-04, 12:53 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default unfortunately...

it looks like I will be calling the infertility clinic tomorrow to set up the HSG...God I didnt want to have to do that...So anyone who has had this procedure....Enlighten me on what to expect...I am a big wimp when it comes to pain...Anyways....its another sad and poor poor pitiful me day....

Old 10-06-04, 02:15 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Take some ibuprofen (motrin or advil) about an hour before. It totally did the trick for me. It felt just like mild period cramps, nothing worse (and my normal period cramps are way worse than the HSG!)

When they put the tube through your cervix to put the dye into your uterus that is when your uterus may start to cramp, but like I said, it's just like a very mild period cramp (as long as you've taken the motrin).

Good luck! Don't worry about it - most women have no problem at all with the HSG

Old 10-06-04, 03:35 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks Cat! You helped to smolder my fears. I am still in such disbelief that after a year we still haven't become pg. I know there are others who have waited longer and do not have any children at all. Hopefully tho the anguish and pain we feel is the same...I am preparing myself to go the adoption route starting next year....

Again thanks I have my motrin ready....Just now for AF to show up and quit teasing me...so I can make that appointment...

PS...Does anyone else ever experience a day or two before AF a gurgling type sound that seems to be coming from the utereus...I know it sounds weird..but thats when I know AF is on her way....

Old 10-06-04, 04:18 PM
Mom to Eli and Owen

Thanked 55 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That gurgling sound for me with AF is usually related to my bowels. hee hee SOrry, but ti's true. I always have an "episode" when AF is here...

Old 10-07-04, 01:30 AM
B.A.G. Mommy!!!

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

OMG...I always have "looser" bowels with AF...I thought it was just me!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools