Baby Corner

Old 11-10-08, 05:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 166 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.91%
Unhappy UpDate

Just wanted to give everyone a stinky update apparently AF has showed up today which is very odd when I had my miscarriage in Aug my next cycle was 31 days my last one was 30 and now this was is 27 ?? what the heck ?? so confused with my body but I think this cycle I'm going to start some interventions i'm going to start testing BBT and get an OPK I don't know how to use either of them so some tips would be wonderful. Using the OPK what day of the cycle am I supposed to start testing on? and what brands are reccomended? and when am I supposed to start BBT?

you guys are great I love that i can come on here and talk to everyone about this because my husband really don't understand

Baby dust to all good luck

Old 11-10-08, 05:50 PM
is gonna have 2 under 2!
Expecting our Miracle

Thanked 348 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

I'm so sorry to hear that! Sorry, can't give you much advice on BBT's or OPK's.

Old 11-10-08, 06:04 PM
Loving Mommyhood!

Thanked 164 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

I'm sorry to hear your news. I hope you get that BFP soon!

I don't know anything about temping but I've used OPK's. They come with instructions in the box and tell you when you should start testing. I was successful with my last OPK so I'm sending you lots of baby dust!

Old 11-11-08, 01:29 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 10%

With OPK's you start testing as per the instructions on the box (some brands differ with the advice)

This page has some great OPK advice...

This also has some info...

As for temping, you'll need a basal body thermometer and a chart to record your temperatures on. You'll need to keep both by your bed, as you have to take your temperature while you're still in bed, and at the same time every day (including weekends).

There's some advice about temping here...

and here...

Some of the ladies here use charting software/sites to record their temps, but it's always good to have it written down too, so that you can transfer it at your leisure.

Wishing you lots of luck!!

Latest Articles
Conceiving Quicker Doesn’t Mean Your Baby Will Be a Boy
Of all the old wives tales about gender selection, one, conceiving quicker means you will have a boy, has been debunked.

Benefits of Breastfeeding For a Year or Longer
Only 27% of mothers breastfeed their babies for one year, even though there are benefits abound. Learn the benefits of nursing your baby for a year or longer for both your baby, and for yourself.

October 2014 Celebrity Births and Pregnancy Announcements
Get the latest celebrity baby gossip including who recently has a baby, and who has just announced their expecting, in our monthly celebrity baby and pregnancy update.

2014 High Chair Buying Guide
If you are not sure which high chair to buy for your baby, take a look at our recommendations that are safe, and easy to use.

10 Car Seat Mistakes Most Parents Make
Studies show that many parents make these 10 common mistakes. Find out how to make sure your baby's car seat is safe.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools