Baby Corner

Old 12-08-08, 02:07 PM
is In 2nd Trimester!
Community Member

Thanked 84 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.82%
Default Update..

I called the OB this morning and she wanted to see me. So I went to an appointment at 10am. She talked to me and told me that my levels dropped from 17 (14dpo) to 13 (16dpo), so it looks like my body is starting to rid on its own. I had another level drawn because she said we need to see zero. She also did a pelvic exam and said my cervix was closed, so that would help from getting an infection. She also said that she believes it was genetic in disposition and there was not anything that I could have done to prevent it.

I asked her questions about progesterone and b6. She said that whenever I start charting again, at about 3dpo she wants to draw blood and check the progesterone levels and then give me progesterone supplements. As for the b6, she said that a good prenatal will have what I need. So she gave me samples and a prescription for prenatals (it has 25mg of b6).

As for trying again (something I am not even sure of at this point), she recommends we wait for three cycles--ugh! I was hoping she would just say one. But I am going to follow doctors instructions (at least that is what I am saying right now!).

I finally had an ultrasound to determine if my lining has gone back to thinning out. It looks like it is back to normal. So now we just wait for the levels to be zero.

She said that my next cycle would return anywhere from 6-8 wks. She was so nice and thoughtful and even cried with me.

Well just thought I would update you ladies
Hugs,
Erika

Old 12-08-08, 02:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 166 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

I'm so sorry how far along were you?? I was 6 weeks along when I had my last one and my dr. told me that i didn't even have to wait a cycle since my body was healthy and levels were back to 0 but 4 cycles later i'm still here i'm sorry about you loss and soon enough you will have a bfp
Thank you AshFind06!
hopetobemomofthree (12-08-08)

Old 12-08-08, 03:03 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

I am so sorry too. It is just horrible. I do find it strange though that she said to wait to try again for 3 months. Everyone that I have known that miscarried around 6 wks they told them that as soon as their normal cycle returned they could try again. And, I know TWO people that on that try they got pregnant and then had healthy babies! Good luck to you, my friend. Thanks for letting us know- give big hugs to those two babies you already have. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Thank you Mark'sbabygirl!

Old 12-08-08, 03:21 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 47.27%

Gosh I am so sorry Erika. I know this time is hard but you will get through this and you will go on to carry a healthy baby soon. I think 3 months is a good time but it could feel like a lifetime. When ever you are ready you should start. No soon or later. Good luck to you and you can PM me whenever you need to talk or someone to cry to cause I am here for you.
Thank you Keepers!

Old 12-08-08, 04:31 PM
is gonna have 2 under 2!
Expecting our Miracle

Thanked 348 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

I'm so sorry Erika. I know this must be very hard but you're in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you hopeful7!

Latest Articles
13 Ways to Naturally Relieve Morning Sickness
Is morning sickness getting you down? Here are 13 ways to help calm your stomach, and relieve morning sickness whether you have it in the morning, afternoon, or all day.

Milk Allergy in Infants
Sometimes it's difficult to tell if your baby is sick, or if s(he) has a milk or forumula allergy. Learn the difference, the symptoms and treatment options of milk allergies in infants.

Here's Why Eating Organic During Pregnancy Is Better
During pregnancy, it might be wise to switch to eating organic foods for the health of your baby. Learn why.

BPA Exposure and Infertility in Women
BPA seems to have an effect on infants, children, and pregnant women, and there also seems to be a link between BPA and infertility in women.

Kate Middleton Suffers Severe Morning Sickness in Second Pregnancy
Kate Middleton is once again experiencing severe morning sickness, or hyperemesis gravidarum, in her second pregnancy.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations nwad2470!

Calculators & Tools