Baby Corner

Old 02-16-06, 08:34 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 4.07%

I'm 33 and I don't intend to give up until either I am blessed or the menopause, whichever is sooner.

I agree the health risks increase with age and fertility starts to decrease after 35, but then my friend is 42 and has just had a beautiful healthy daughter through a healthy pregnancy after TTC for 6 months.

I think people should give up when they feel ready to stop TTC, not when their birth certificate says so!

Old 02-22-06, 11:15 PM
Trying for #4

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

While risks to both mother and baby do increase with age, modern medicine is performing some real miracles. Plus, women are healthier in general than they were even a generation or two ago, which tips the odds in favor of older mothers as well. I say you're only too old if your doctor says you are (and a second opinion doesn't hurt!) or if your body says you are (ie. menopause).

Gook luck!

Old 02-23-06, 09:58 AM
SAHM mom of two.

Thanked 50 Times
Weekly Activity 2.22%

My 38th birthday is approaching. I always thought I'd stop by then, but I'm not ready to.

As for the 58 year old, they weren't her eggs, so age didn't matter as much.

Old 03-05-06, 03:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

I had a baby at 35. She was my third, and I enjoy her so much more than my older ones!! There are a few more risks, but keep healthy and there are test you can take as well. The twins risk, I beleive is only for the fact that alot of people at this age trying, end up on some type of fertility treatment and that is where more twins pop up. But the age itself, I don't think has a thing to do with it.

Old 03-15-06, 01:00 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.37%

I had my first child when I was 36 & my husband was 48. I am currently trying for a second child at 38. Just had miscarriage at 13 weeks 03/07/06. Going to try again. :-)
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools