Baby Corner

Old 12-15-05, 09:41 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default What are the chances...

that a blood test taken at 12DPO could give a false neg? I had blood work done and HPT at 12 DPO and both neg. I am due for AF tomorrow or Sat. ( 14 0r 15 DPO). I have the sore bbs, nausea, no PMS, no AF cramps. Same sx as with my first pg. Any chance the blood was taken to early and that I could be pg, but not producing enough hormone yet?

Old 12-16-05, 10:42 AM
Mom to Eli and Owen

Thanked 55 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I would think it might be too early, but blood work is usually better than the other tests. But with no other symptoms, it may just be your time!! I hope so!! Do you chart? If you know how long your lp is then that may be a good sign too!

Old 12-17-05, 12:17 AM
Workin' My Ovaries Off

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

it might be early, i don't know when the soonest that they could tell or not is. let us know when you find out anything though!!

Old 12-17-05, 03:55 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

I'm with mrssandy. If you don't chart, you could have O'd late or had an unusually long LP and not known it. In this instance, what you thought was 12 dpo might have been more like 8, 9, or 10 dpo.

Hoping AF stays away!

Old 12-17-05, 08:49 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

well, I am thinking you ladies are right. I think I O'de later than I thought. I just hope our BDing covered it!!! {see chart} That would put me 12 or 13 DPO now. So if I O'de later, like say CD 15 or 16 would my AF be expected to come later too? I was due for AF yesterday in my normal 26or 27 day cycle and no show AND no usual AF symptoms. When do you think I should do a HPT?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools