Baby Corner

Old 01-15-10, 02:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Exclamation What day do you start on?

Hi!

I am feeling very positive about this upcoming month - month 8 of TTC. What has been your experience with what day of your cycle to start having sex? Since this is my 8th month I feel like I've tried it all!

I hope this isn't TMI, but today is the last day of my period. Still a teeny bit of the darker discharge but it's the 7th day. Also, I am a day 12 ovulator.

What are your thoughts on our go-get-pregnant method this month?

Thank you all!!!

Old 01-16-10, 08:54 PM
is focusing on losing weight!
Community Member

Thanked 46 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My dh and I have tried every other day around Oing, for about a week. If you O on day 12 I would baby dance on day 8, 10, 12, 14 and maybe even 16. Do you try different positions and prop your hips up? I usually lay there for a good 20 minutes.

We have also tried every day. I know that lessens the sperm count, but after each month of nothing happening you try just about every different way.

I hope this helps and maybe you've already tried these suggestions, but it never hurts to talk about it.
Hope your BFP comes real soon.
Jlynn

Old 01-17-10, 01:54 AM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I completely agree with jlynn on when to bd. maybe even 8 10 11 12 and 13 if possible....I know it becomes so much like work tho if you have a stretch that long!! I too try to prob my legs up (and try not to laugh...i know disgusting!) for about a half hour if i can. I actually try to bd before bed- i just think its easier for me to lay still then. Is there anything new your going to try this month? I know u said you tried the Robitussin thing...it didn't work for me either but I think i may try it this month too.

Old 01-17-10, 02:44 AM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Well with me I ovulate on different days.I have o'd on day 14,16 and even on day 24.My average is day 16 so dh and I start dtd on day 12/13 and every other day until day 25.
I have proped the leggs up after dtd.I would try anything you feel comfortable with. The times I have concieved are the months I have just relaxed and just had fun.
I hope this next cycle brings

all around!

Old 01-17-10, 07:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks everyone for writing back! Well, you're right, being that it is month 8, we have tried EVERYTHING. I have even stood on my head one month and we both got a huge laugh out of it.

I do try to squeeze it all in and also prop up on pillows, I've laid backwards on the bed and read a book while my legs were criss-crossed and up against the wall! But I've heard that what does come back out is not needed and plenty of sperm swimmies go up there. I usually do it before bed as well because it's easier to lay still. I am wondering if this month we may try doing it in the morning, it's the only thing I can think of that would be different!

So I've now done the deed on day 7 and day 8 and today is day 9. I think we'll start again tomorrow on day 10, and then 12, 13, 14, and day 16.

I use the OPKs and the cervical mucus method to determine what day i ovulate and it has been consistently day 12. So this means the sperm needs to meet the egg around then so there either needs to be some there waiting or get some there right then!

AH, this is so ridiculous ladies, isn't it?!

What are your thoughts on keep trying even after you know you've ovulated?

THanks!!!
Colleen
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools