Baby Corner

Old 06-23-10, 02:33 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default ..What are my chances??

I am posting on this board to get some clarification and feedback on my chances of being pregnant.

I was intimate w/my husband on day 10-11 of my cycle. Fertility friend said it was two out of my three days of being fertile. some sites say day 14 of your cycle is the best day to try. I am confused. It is now day 14 of my cycle. I am having symtoms that are similar to ovulating ( sore breasts, irritability, backache..) but I also have a headache, stuffy nose as well, which are not my usual. With my first pregnancy, we weren't trying and really didn't know I was pregnant till I was 2 wks late, so I didn't notice any symtoms. of course now I am anaylzing every feeling.

Has anyone had symtoms this early in pregnancy?
what can I expect in the next 2 wks as far as signs of pregnancy.

I am due for my next period around July 4-6th, my cycle is 26-29 days.

thanks!
Rebecca

Old 10-01-10, 06:09 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

i analyse everything too so i question whether im imagining things or not! although i didnt notice anything until about a week before my period was due!

Old 10-01-10, 11:22 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

First of all, welcome to TBC!

Now to your question. There's no way you would get symptoms 3-4 days after ovulation. The earliest you're likely to see symptoms is 10 days or so after ovulation, and that's very early. More typical would be 14+ days after ovulation, depending on the person.

And just FYI, you can ovulate anywhere from day 8 to day 20+ in your cycle. Every cycle is different. I have ovulated as early as day 11 and as late as day 21. The average is day 14, but it is rare for that to be the actual ovulation day. And no matter what day in your cycle you ovulate, your luteal phase (the period of time between ovulation and the first day of your next cycle) is going to be about 14 days if your body is operating properly.

To learn more about maximizing your chance of conception and to get a comprehensive understanding of how your body works, read Toni Weschler's book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Reading her book and using her manual charting method is TREMENDOUSLY more accurate that Fertility Friend. I used both, and was amazed how wrong FF could be versus my own charting of temperature, cervical fluid and cervical position based on the book's guidelines. My ovulation date on FF was often as much as 5-7 days off.

Good luck with your TTC and please make yourself at home here!

Old 10-03-10, 09:04 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

most woman Ovulate between CD10 and CD16 but you can ovulate before or after that. and then if you get pregnant Implantation usually happens about between 7 and 10 dpo and most woman start to get symptoms of pregnancy after implantation has taken place.
Good luck and let us know what happens!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools