Baby Corner

Old 12-12-06, 03:31 PM
is mommy to 3 divas and a little man
Toddler and Twin Mommy

Thanked 69 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1720%
Default What would you do?

DH and I are in between a rock and a hard place as we call it. We have been TTC for almost two years. In June we decide to put the wheels in motion for adoption. Our homestudy and picture profile are complete. In November we found out that I have PCOS and so actually getting PG is more of a reality now with some help. However we are still wanting to follow through on the adoption process that we started (we have never seen adoption as a means to an end. its something we've always planned to do). But we have concerns about what will happen if we get pg during the adoption wait time. Then there is the question of handling two kids very close in age. DH thinks having two babies in the house would be wonderful (because of my mother's helper experiences, I know better). We really would like to do both, but what is the practical and logical thing to do? Should we just stick to our plan of starting the treatments in January and sending our adoption application in late March/early April? Help!

Old 12-12-06, 03:43 PM
VIP Member

Location: Originally from PA. Now live in OK. Did, however, spend 5 yrs in HK.
Thanked 129 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow, this is a tough decision, but I think only you and your dh can really make the call. There are probably plenty of pros and cons to both options. Big hugs to you and good luck in deciding which to do first. I wish you all the best on both endeavors!

Old 12-12-06, 04:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I don't know what you should do, but if it was me I would
go ahead with my plans and believe that whatever happens
is good and right. That way I would not look back and regret
not doing anything. But that's just me.

the best to you,
~tam~

Old 12-12-06, 04:55 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

If it were me, I'd probably continue on with both...you could always adopt a child that is a couple of years old already if you are very concerned about the babies being too close in age. My brother adopted a 1 year old last year(from Korea)...this year he went back and adopted a 2 year old....so both are the same age.

Old 12-12-06, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

I'd go ahead with my plans for both and see what works out first and take it from there. That's what we did, and I ended up in a very different place than I thought I would be. We always wanted to adopt too, so either way I knew there would be a baby. If it turned out there were 2, then there were 2.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools