Baby Corner

Old 06-25-08, 08:00 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%
Default What would you do? Long

For those who don't know my history...
TTC 1: ovulation issues, wound up doing iui with injectibles/metformin. Had an hsg which showed a fibroid on my uterus. Was told I needed surgery and to schedule it when my period came. Never came... I was pregnant.

TTC2: ovulation issues, ttc'ed with clomid, metformin, iui, and asked for another hsg. Was told I still had a fibroid in my uterus, and to schedule surgery when my period came.... I was pregnant again that cycle!

SO now, the doctor wants me to go on 100mg of clomid and she is willing to do the hsg again, since I've gotten pg both times afterward (although her "official position" is that it was a coincidence). She has asked me whether I want to go straight to IUIs or try with intercourse for awhile.

My first thought was to TTC with intercourse for awhile. But, I want the method that is going to disrupt our families the least. If the hsg has been proven to work, then maybe we should just "go for it" with iui, clomid, full throttle and see if we can get it done.

What would you do?

Old 06-26-08, 03:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

If you got preg twice with the HSG, then I say go for it!!! You could do both, the IUI and intercourse. You could never have enough spermies.

Thank you Vonna526!
3Princes (06-27-08)

Old 06-26-08, 10:45 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Hmmm.... Jeanne, I have no clue. Since I have no clue, let me ask some questions -- Do you tolerate the chlomid well? Can you do the treatments and back it up with some old fashioned sex?

I think I would try to blend the easiest treatments with sex for at least a cycle or two and see if you can get lucky. What is the HSG and how difficult is it?

If you are going for a April, May, June baby, I'd go full throttle! If you don't care, I'd let it ride a bit.

Thank you Oreo!
3Princes (06-27-08)

Old 06-27-08, 03:29 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

If I could do my 'journey so far' very differently. i would have trusted 'chance' less, and done IUI's and IFV long before I did/am doing.

I wasted far too much time kidding myself we could do it naturally. I'd do everything. Throw everything you can at it, and don't waste a minute. Do the HSG first and if it doesn't happen within 2 months then get busy with the meds while your tubes are nice and clear!

Wishing you all the luck in the world

Thank you Tracey and Neil!
3Princes (06-27-08)

Old 06-27-08, 09:00 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

To put it simply, an hsg is a complicated x-ray process. There are the doctor and 2 nurses, and they numb the uterus and then clamp it open and then shoot dye up there. All the while you're fallopian tubes and uterus are on an x-ray monitor.

Then, if you're really lucky, the clamp slips off and your uterus is injured (as my doctor did the first time), and when you get up you have blood from the top of your butt crack to the bottom of your gown. I don't think I spoke out loud for 30 mins after that one, I was traumatized to say the least!
Or, if you're really really lucky, they put a balloon up there and inflate it, trying to get the tube to fill.

So it's not that bad if everything goes as it should, however, that's not happened either time. But I got pg both times which made it totally worth it.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools