Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive What you do to get past the hard times

What you do to get past the hard times

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-31-07, 07:26 PM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Default What you do to get past the hard times

I have a few friends who are really suffering right now with the pain of infertility. I thought it would be wonderful if we could share some things that help us get past those painful times and how we find courage to keep fighting in hopes of helping others with the very real heart ache of infertility.

Old 01-31-07, 07:33 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

I talk and share with all the great friends I have met on TBC

Old 01-31-07, 08:36 PM
SAHM mom of two.

Thanked 50 Times
Weekly Activity 8%

Have a beer. Have a good cry. Oh, you meant what positive things we do. Be thankful for what you do have. Write down my blessings. Know that this too shall pass. There will be a day when it won't hurt so badly.

I actually saw a very pregnant woman the other day and for once was happy I wasn't her. She looked so pained and uncomfortable.

Old 01-31-07, 11:24 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

I haven't told anyone that we are TTC so only my best friend knows. I know i have had a relatively short TTC journey (14 months) compared to some but I do find it helpful to hear what other women are going though and how they are coping

Old 02-01-07, 05:42 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

I'm not really sure what I do to be honest. I usually keep it to myself and just deal. I try to focus on what I have, my wonderful husband and two insane but loveable fur babies. They dogs have been both our saviours I suppose. We put all of our love and affection towards them and it really helps. Anyone who doesn't have an animal should really consider the option.

I know I have a great life and I know that maybe it has a lot to do with wanting something I can't have. Who knows if I was fertile myrtle would I be so anxious to get pg? I don't know if I would have the same relationship with DH or the same quality of life that i have if I had a kid - probably not and maybe it would be better I don't know...sorry for rambling!

I'm still waiting for it to happen naturally I guess, then I'd know it was meant to be. For some reason I go back and forth on getting treatment again and wonder if I have a real need to have a child.

I think the best advice I can give after 10years of trying is to live your live fully, don't hold back on making big decisions. Go on that holiday you've been putting off for years, buy that new car or whatever it is you wanted for so long but held back buying in case you needed the money. Life is too short.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools