Baby Corner

Old 02-26-11, 12:40 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 16620%
Default Why is it so hard?

Ok, SO I know I whined about this before but I need to whine just a bit more.

I am really ok with taking a break and losing some weight(I've already lost 3.5 lbs just by cutting my calories and adding 30 minutes of exercise 2x a week this week.

But then I read about some 15 year old having a baby AGAIN!! It po's me royally! I mean we are supposed to be some majorly advanced country not a third world nation and we have babies having babies like its cool and doesn't affect us as a country on the whole(not political just factual). Then of course the statistics are that if the child raises a child then that child will have a child before they get out of high school.
I just wonder what the big guy up there is thinking when he sees this kind of thing.I kow he gave us free will so we a ultimately responsible for our own choices but sometimes I wish he'd just step in and put a stop to this or make the ultra-conservative bible thimpers re-think abstinence only teaching. Also somebody needs to stand up and tell these girls that adoption is an alternative and not a stigma and should be option number 1 not abortion.
There are so many couples who spend so much on infertility or out of country adoptions that if we could funnel that into stateside adoption programs that don't require 20-30 thousand dollar and then have it fall through.

Ok so I'll get of my soapbox and take the backlash of all this. Sorry if some of these statements seem a little choppy I'm still processing this and needed to get it out so I can see it in black and white and I know most of you will be constructive not judgemental.

Old 02-27-11, 05:36 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 220%

Amen! I wish the big guy heard a lot of things or did some things differently EVERY day. I went through my questions regarding fertility as well. Every time another person just fell pregnant from breathing air (and often didn't even want the baby) made my heart hurt and brought my faith in anything in to question.

Now that I am a parent my anger/wonder at the seeming ambivalence of God is even greater. Again, I get the free will thing, but my kids didn't choose to have neurological problems. I didn't choose to be sick. We didn't choose to have our family abandon us. Sorry, don't want to steal your platform, but I support your campaign 100%. LOL! I have faith but so many questions and the questions and wonder just keep multiplying.

So many things I just don't understand. :-( I know we aren't supposed to "get" everything, but I really don't understand the suffering of so many and the idiocy and heartlessness of fate. I don't get it at all.
Thank you Patience!
lauralkemp (02-27-11)

Old 02-27-11, 05:38 PM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 220%

Oh, and great job on the weight loss! You are off to a great start!
Thank you Patience!
lauralkemp (02-27-11)

Old 02-27-11, 07:42 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 16620%

Yeah! I mean did Doug really deserve to have a stroke at 33? On the other hand it seems like we are doing better finacially because of it (as weird as that sounds)and has given us LOTS of perspective on our relationship. Plus we've discovered the people who REALLY care about us!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools