Baby Corner

Old 07-12-06, 08:26 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%

I say keep going to docs until one listens. Everyone else is right!

Old 07-13-06, 06:36 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm really sorry for all the troubles youve had to endure, especially for the miscarriage

I agree with everyone else, stick to your guns, any woman who pays attention to her own body knows a lot more than any doc or gynae gives her credit for.
Glad to hear you have a good doc that you like and trust, I am still searching! Its great that you are taking control early, I have a friend with bad endo who waited till she was in her late 30's and now she is battling, her first gynae dismissed her as too old to be worth the trouble!!!! She also lost her first pregnancy. I have my fingers crossed for her and now for you too, and all the other ladies who are struggling against endo and loss.

Old 07-13-06, 10:49 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thank you for the support.

Not only are we finding TTC difficult, but for years I was in pain because of the endo. I couldn't walk, I certainly couldn't work or attend my classes in high school and college. The first day of my period with endo was like getting the flu, but with horrid cramps and sharp pains in the abdomen. I would get diarreha and I had actually thrown up untill I couldn't throw up anymore...and then I would throw up blood (I know- GROSS!). Then there were the times where the pain was so intense that I had blacked out- in the bathtub (SCARY!). The abdominal pain was like someone taking a hot butter knife and stabbing me. I felt like a prisoner in my own body. I went to Doctors who told me that this was normal craps. They looked and spoke to me as if I were truely exagerating the pain. I felt like I was going crazy. Were all women going through this amount of pain every month...am I just whiney...NO NO NO...this ISN'T normal!

That's when I found my SUPER Doctor. He listened to me! And he set up and appointment for an ultrasound AND an laparascopy on my first appointment! He assured me that this WAS'NT normal (FINALLY). He also suspected endometriosis...but only the surgery would tell.

During the ultrasound, they found a mass about 1/2 inch long and wide (aproximately the size of a grape) on one of my ovaries...on the side that I always complained about the hot knife stabbing feeling. I was thrilled- why? Because this was my first affirmation...something isn't right. And now we can fix it. (by the way, the mass was dried up blood- he said that when an ovarie releases an egg it somewhat "expolodes" out to the tubes and the site where the egg comes out heals- well mine kept bleeding- hence old dried blood mass- GROSS I KNOW!)

After surgery I was diagnosed with endo, and it felt like a huge releif. Now I know what the enemy is and I can do something or at least be more knowledgeable about it.

My SUPER Doctor was angered that I had seen others who did not listen to me, who told me it was normal and who put me on birth control pills to stabilize my periods. He said that BC pills can make endo even worse.

My Doctor was AWESOME! But, because of a change of insurance I wasn't able to see him- but I will be seeing him shortly!

Old 07-13-06, 11:31 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I wish you the best of luck aeb224180!!! I'm sorry that it took you that long to finally get a doctor to listen to you and then had to lose him. But congrats on being able to get him back...hopefully this will be a big change for you and a turn for the better...good luck!

Old 07-18-06, 05:34 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

Hi Autumn!

Firstly

Secondly I also have a retroverted uterus and also have endo, although the person you need to speak to here is Susanne (Baby Hungry), she also has the same as me, but her endo is a lot worse and causes her much more pain than me.

I was sad to read your story, you have been through so much. I truly hope that your new Dr has some ideas about your treatment. A lot of us are all too familiar with the 'unhelpful Dr' scenario, but hopefully this will now be a distant memory for you.

From what I remember about temping your usual baseline temp isn't too important, but what is important is that you see a rise in that temp, and that the rise correlates to any ovulation prediction kits (OPK's) that you use.

I personally am not a fan of temping as there are too many variables, and prefer the reliability of OPK's, but that's just a personal preference.

Please keep us posted on your progress and let us know how it goes with your Dr. Once again welcome!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools