Baby Corner

Old 12-07-05, 08:59 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm so sorry you are going thru this. But it is normal so don't make yourself feel any worse for thinking those thoughts. I'm really glad I have no sisters but both my SIL's got pregnant over the years and it hurt like hell. They even held back telling me for nearly five months with one of them which made me feel horrible that they were pitying me. I just want to say we have all gone thru this and understand how you feel. Its not easy and never will be. I feel lucky that I have come to accept my IF it makes it easier for me to deal with life and other pg people.

I hope you can find peace in this situation and enjoy being an aunt when it happens.

Therese

Old 12-07-05, 05:26 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

I feel your pain Mandi - really I do - right in my heart. I know just how you feel.

I worry about my Sister wanting children and wanting to start TTC - she's lived with us for 5.5 years and so she's seen a lot of our IF journey. I know she'd feel awful if she fell PG.

My SIL's all have hopefully completed their families and since TTC I have seen 6 of their children arrive in the world. It never got any easier, but it never got any worse!

My thoughts are with you, and like Erinn it's always worse for me when the bump starts growing. Sending you huge hugs (((hugz)))

Old 12-07-05, 06:35 PM
is growing and changing every day
Community Member

Thanked 21 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Default so sorry

Mandi - I know exactly how you feel and you shouldn't apologize for it.

My sister told me about her third pregnancy (which ended up being unplanned) right when I was planning to ask her to be a surrogate for us.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Hopefully your sister will be sensitive to your situation like mine was (she even cried when she told me). Try to stay strong and stay positive. Your time to share your good news will eventually come - I'm convinced that everyone on this board will get their dreams come true.

Old 12-09-05, 05:27 PM
Mommy to Chloe and Mahri

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Mandi don't you feel bad at all!!!!!!!!! I know if it were me I would feel or I should say "think" some horrible thoughts! I don't blame you at all! you have every right to have thougths that you may not even admit to anyone else!! (you know what i mean?

)
Even though I have adopted, and I love my Chloe more than life, I still get very upset or angry when I find out someone I know just got pg. Is it selfish? maybe, but it's how I feel....so there must be somthing to it. Don't apologize, you have every right to be angry and envious or whatever word you want to throw in here!
Hoping you feel better......and your turn comes

Old 12-20-05, 10:28 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I am sorry you have to deal with this. Your not horrible, or selfish in any way! I know your happy for your sister, but terribly sad for yourself. You have every single right to feel this way.

My sister is also pregnant. She is 5 years younger than me, and been married half the time. I know she will be the very best Mom in the entire world, and I hope she's able to share her joy with me. Still there are days when I read their Christmas letter talking about the baby that my eyes fill up with tears. No matter who it is, someone else's good news does not make your heart ache feel any better. Of course you want your sister to be pregnant and happy, but the loss you feel, and are reminded of when you hear she is pregnant hurts.

Thinking of you.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools