Baby Corner

Old 08-25-04, 02:06 AM
B.A.G. Mommy!!!

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default ~SPOTLIGHT~ Week 8/25 ~ cat

Here you are ladies...ask away!

1. What is your most memerable moment while teaching?
2. What grade(s)/ subject(s) do you teach?
3. How did you and DH meet?
4. Where would you go on vacation if money and time were not an issue?
5. How often do you check TBC?
6. Who inspired you to teach?
7. When did you first travel outside your native country?

Ok that is all for me!

Old 08-25-04, 04:56 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Who taught you to knit?
What other hobbies do you have?
How long have you been teaching?
What ages do you teach?

Old 08-25-04, 11:49 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

1. What is your most memorable moment while teaching? When I was teaching in Russia. I was trying to find out if my grade 6 class knew what the word "clean" meant in Russian. I asked one boy and he kept giving me all these wrong answers, but they weren't words I knew in Russian. Finally he said one that I knew - it was the F word in Russian. So I realised he'd been doing that the whole time - basically trying to make a complete idiot of me by saying all these rude words that I didn't know!
2. What grade(s)/ subject(s) do you teach?French, grades 9-11 and Spanish 9-11, as well as planning 9 and 10.
3. How did you and DH meet?We had a mutual friend who invited us both to the same party. I think she did it on purpose to set us up, too.
4. Where would you go on vacation if money and time were not an issue?There are SO many places I want to go to! Top priority right now would be a trip back to England - I've not gone back since I came to Canada 9 years ago, and DH has never been there. I'd also love to tour South America, and visit Japan.
5. How often do you check TBC?Usually, about twice a day - recently a little less since I've had a bit more of a life!
6. Who inspired you to teach?I really don't know. My mum (as well as my aunt and my cousin) is a primary teacher, but she always told me not to go into teaching because I'd find it boring (she thought I was too smart!) I think high school teaching takes a very different personality than primary school, and I am sure I'd not be a good primary school teacher.
7. When did you first travel outside your native country?I was born in Canada and my mum is English, so if you count Canada as the native country I was about 6 months old.
Who taught you to knit?My mum! My nana and great-aunt were knitters too, my aunt can knit although she knits less than my mum, and I have a cousin who is a fantastic knitter. So it's in the family!
What other hobbies do you have?I sew and do various kinds of needlework, I'm a total bookworm, and I like movies, museums, concerts, that kind of thing too.
How long have you been teaching?Since 1996.
What ages do you teach? High school. For my sins

Last edited by cat; 08-25-04 at 11:51 AM.

Old 08-25-04, 08:27 PM
Pregnant at last!

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Did you knit the sweater you are wearing in your avatar picture? (I wonder that every time I see it

)

What is you favourite thing about DH?

What genre of novel do you like the most?

What is your biggest pet peeve?

Old 08-26-04, 11:25 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Did you knit the sweater you are wearing in your avatar picture? (I wonder that every time I see it)Yes I did! It was the first time I'd knit anything with more than one colour at once so I was really proud of it. (It's lovely and warm in winter too!)

What is you favourite thing about DH? It's really hard to pick one thing, honestly. I think his generosity - he is incredibly generous to people (me in particular of course)

What genre of novel do you like the most? Again, hard to narrow it down to one, because I'm like Anne of Green Gables - I'd read anything. I guess my favourite kind is 19th century novels - I love Jane Austen, George Eliot, and Lev Tolstoy. I like good sci-fi too.

What is your biggest pet peeve?When people write "your" instead of "you're" or "there" instead of "their" or "they're." It's like nails on a chalkboard!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools