Baby Corner Message Board

Baby Corner Message Board (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/)
-   Trying To Conceive (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/trying-conceive-309)
-   -   In case anyone is here (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/trying-conceive-309/case-anyone-here-201827)

Sonji 08-18-04 09:30 PM

In case anyone is here

Here's my story

I had been TTC through DI a few years ago. I only achieved pregnancy once and that ended a few days later in miscarriage. My relationship broke up. I have since started a new relationship and we are planning to be married and begin ttc within the next year or so. i've decided to take this time to prepare my body for this journey. i have diabetes and it is controlled through oral medications. i know that when i was ttc last time i did about 9 cycles on clomid and stopped at the cycle where i was to begin injectibles. what i'm trying to do now is heal my body naturally. i've been doing research on healing the body with herbs, massage, acupuncture, and things like that. my goal is to lose weight, come off the diabetes meds (i've already stopped 1 of the meds), and hopefully have unmedicated cycles when the time comes. i have been on BCP's and have decided to come off of those so that my hormone levels can normalize. i'm taking seasonale BCP's so I only menstruate 4 times a year.

Well, I don't know if there's anyone around to read this but if so what kinds of things are you doing to prepare for ttc?

ttc#3 08-19-04 04:48 PM

Goodluck in your ttc journey. I just had my third child in June and dh and I will ttc again next summer.

ChandyRae 08-23-04 02:57 PM

I also replied to your other post, but this is a little more in-depth. I'm Chandra, 21. DH and I were going to wait until next summer to TTC, but in July my doctor took me off BC (the patch) for one month because the hormones were not strong enough and I was having some nasty side effects. We decided to extend the one month until October, we're really hoping to conceive by then. If not, though, we have to wait until next summer because our work and school schedules won't allow us time to have a baby. (that sounds ridiculous!) I usually hang out over on the TTC and Two Week Wait boards.

Bethann73 08-23-04 03:19 PM

I should probably post here. :) DH and I have a 9 month old son. We are going to start ttc again in October. I am having regular cycles (30 days) and DH is taking care of the BC til we start. ;) I have an appointment with the Ob/Gyn for my annual and also to get the OK to start ttc on October 7th. I can't wait to start the journey again. I'm hoping it's not such a long, rocky and emotional road as the last time.

Sonji 08-23-04 04:12 PM

I'm glad to see that there are other people here. I went to my primary doc on saturday and i've lost 3 lbs so we're off to a start. i'm really trying to make sure i'm strong enough this time. i look forward to talking with you ladies.