Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > The Two Week Wait Back from the doctor....

Back from the doctor....

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-18-08, 12:41 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Back from the doctor....

...and it's not good. Sorry I didn't post last night, but after the appt. we got home and just vegged. DH's counts and motility and everything were GREAT! Me, however, is another story. It seems I have followed in my sis' footsteps and have poor egg quality. The way the doc described it is that my ratios of good eggs to bad ones isn't good- but it's not horrible either. There is a chance we could conceive on our own, but he thinks IVF would give us the greatest chances. We have decided to try IUI first though, because the doc did say that with fertility meds it does increase the possiblity of more good eggs. Mostly because of the costs were are going to do IUI first and then move on to IVF if we have to- this will also allow us 6 months or so to save up for IVF. The doc said 6 months shouldn't make much of a difference so if we aren't preggers with IUI by then- invitro it is. I also have an increased chance of m/c because some other hormone levels were raised, but just slightly. He also said I have some hypothyroidism (when your immune system attacks your thyroid), but that it wasn't significant enough to need treatment yet, but he will keep an eye on it. So there you have it- lots of bad news for me. However, I don't feel too bad about it- yes I shed a few tears, but didn't get nearly as upset as I thought I would. DH was awesome about everything- he's just so positive. I guess because of my sis I wasn't too devastated and really it's what I expected. I am feeling very relieved, but am also thinking that we may never get pregnant. And, although disappointing- I have learned through personal experience the joys of adoption. I am so glad that we didn't wait another 6 months to get checked out! So we are on to IUI next month it looks like...Thanks for all the thoughts and concern ladies! I love you all!

Old 11-18-08, 12:46 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

At least you know whats going on and you have a game plan! I hope you can get pg before the 6months is up!
Thank you countrycutieluv!
Mark'sbabygirl (11-18-08)

Old 11-18-08, 12:47 PM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thank you Bethann73!

Old 11-18-08, 01:35 PM
Community Member

Thanked 83 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Heidi I am so sorry! Although you found answers and imagine they have to be hard. I am wishing you the best of luck. Thanks for keeping us posted. I imagine that it was not easy to type that. I am sending a big hug your way.
Thank you pearlgirlulm!

Old 11-18-08, 01:59 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

I've been down that path and our news was that our problem was on DH's side, which is often more difficult to overcome. But through IUI, we're expecting! So keep those hopes alive and get ready for your life to change once you get that BFP!!

Thank you Dopey406!

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools