Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

curious

Reply Post New Topic

• mspolion 04-25-11 | 10:47 PM
  • most of my family are asking me when am i going to have a babe

So i have been doing some research

which comes down to 28 days cycle

Is it true that after the 15th day it is pretty hard to conceive???

Please is this true??
  • lauralkemp lauralkemp's Avatar 04-25-11 | 11:41 PM
  • Not exactly sure what your question is. Your cycle is from the first day of your period to first day of the next period. Most women average about 28 days(anything under 26 or over 34 is considered too short or too long). Most ovulation occurs between day 10-14 of cycle. Again this is an average and if a cycle is longer then average then you ma ovulate later or vice versa if it's shorter iyou may ovulate earlier. I hope this helps
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 04-26-11 | 08:28 AM
  • Pick up a copy of Toni Weschler's Taking Charge of Your Fertility at your local library or online. It'll walk you through understanding how to determine when YOU ovulate (no two women's cycles are exactly the same so it's important to understand YOUR OWN BODY), thus helping you pinpoint the best time to attempt conception.

• Zygotta Zygotta's Avatar 04-26-11 | 09:20 AM
  • I actually read that an average cycle is 31 days. there's a very small number of women that regularly have a 28-day cycle (something laughable like 1%)

But we're all used to the 28-day explanation...

mspolion - you cannot conceive after the ovulation. But ovulation date can vary.
  • mspolion 04-26-11 | 04:26 PM
  • thank you so much for replying to my curiosity... After reading your letters i have come to a conclusion that i can only conceive after ovulation which is day 10 - 14 that is from starting date to my next menses.

Im sorry if i have thought wrong please give me some feedbacks

Latest Articles

Baby Corner Writer Submission Guidelines

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations melissa0718!!

Enter Your Baby's Photo