Old 06-30-08, 06:12 PM
Community Member
Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Smile New on Here Hi!!

Hi All,

Greetings to the forum

My name is bridgid by the way and this is the first time im TTC.

I am currently at 3 dpo i think?

I took a fertility test on Fri 27th June which showed an LH surge.
I BD'ed that night around 9pm.

I retook the fertility test on Mon 30th June. No LH surge was detected. Does this mean i ovulated between the 27th and 30th June? I ask this because i did not do the test in the days before the 27th so i am not exactly sure what day the LH surge occured.

Could i still get pregnant?
I havent felt any signs or anything i feel pretty normal.

When is the earliest i could test?

Any help would be appreciated

Baby dust to all!! xx

Last edited by pinkrage; 06-30-08 at 07:31 PM. Reason: to add name
Old 06-30-08, 09:39 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

Hi Bridgid and welcome to TBC!!!

I've never tested positive before 10 or 11 days past ovulation.

Best of luck!
Old 06-30-08, 10:09 PM
is cancer free :)
Community Member
Thanked 432 Times
Weekly Activity 920%

Welcome! I am no expert. My DH and I have the bed every other day method to cover all bases.

Don't forget that sperm can live inside for a few days, and it is better to have them waiting to catch the egg.

The ovulation kit predicts the surge which occurs before ovulation, so you probably would have ovulated 12 - 36 (not sure how long the window is) hours after that. I would go by the day after you saw the surge and count from there before you test.

I agree with Deanna, wait at least 10 to 11 days. You waste money on tests (then again, some of us waste money on tests anyways - right Deanna?)

Good luck - sending lots of baby dust your way!

Old 07-01-08, 08:27 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!
Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

Welcome to TBC! You could possibly get pregnant but you should just relax(easier said than done) and test at 10 or 11 DPO! Good luck and lots of dust to you.
Old 07-01-08, 10:11 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!
Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

You should try the opk's starting at CD7 and go through when you think you typically O and see if your surge lines are darkening.

You want to have sex the days leading up to the surge line and that day.... Generally, after that you have missed your window....

Don't do a pg test till about 10-11 days post ovulation as the other ladies have said... they just don't work...
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools