Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > The Two Week Wait Ugh... apparently I have to go to the doctor this afternoon.

Ugh... apparently I have to go to the doctor this afternoon.

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-15-07, 11:56 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Thumbs down Ugh... apparently I have to go to the doctor this afternoon.

DH texted me this morning & I told him about the BFN and that AF still hasn't shown. So he told me to call the OBGYN I went to when I was first on BC. I caved & called them, hoping I could just ask questions, but the secretary said if I haven't been to see him (or any other GYN) in three years that the doc would probably prefer me to get a full exam if I come in at all.

She said then I could talk to him about the conception & pregnancy stuff.

So basically the secretary made an appointment for me for this afternoon. I'm not thrilled, and I'm shocked they could get me in that early. This summer when we first thought about TTC, I was going to go in for a pre-conception checkup & I couldn't get an appointment for like 3 weeks. I really don't look forward to stripping down this afternoon. Ugh.

Now to tell my boss I need to leave for a doctor's appointment that wasn't planned ahead of time & I'm not even sick.

I hope she doesn't catch on.

Thanks a lot, husband. I know he means well, but I really wanted to wait this out and not have to go to a doctor.

Especially if it turns out I'm not pregnant.

Old 11-15-07, 11:59 AM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Are you on prenatal vitamins??? if you havent been to a dr and you are TTC you should definintly get on them asap! The most important time for the extra folic acid is NOW!

it won't be that bad-- you should definitely go in

Old 11-15-07, 12:16 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

Your doc is right--if you haven't had an exam in that long, it's definitely time.

Kelli's right--get those prenatals going!!

Keep us posted. Maybe they'll draw your blood and you'll know definitively!!! Don't trust their urine tests--demand the beta!!

Old 11-15-07, 12:19 PM
is excited to be TTC
mama to 2 boys

Thanked 87 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Well, at least you will know for sure!!!

Old 11-15-07, 12:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

No worries guys! I’ve been taking women’s multis plus extra folic acid (a total of 1000mg per day ), plus Vitex, EPO (before O), Flax Seed Oil (after O), B-6, and Children’s Aspirin. Yeah I went kind of supplement-crazy there.

I did hear that their pee tests are about the same as over-the-counter ones, so yeah I will definitely ask for a Beta.

Thanks everyone!

I also printed out my FF chart and all my data from my previous cycles. I should be good to go.

Latest Articles
Out of the Mouth of Babes: Preventing Embarrassing Toddler Moments
Your toddler's ears are amazing! They hear everything, and replays like a tape recorder. Here are a few tips to prevent your toddler from replaying the embarrassing recorded words he hears.

Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools