You are here: Home - Pregnancy - When Will a Doctor Induce Labor? > Comments

When Will a Doctor Induce Labor? Comments & Discussion | Page 3

Read the full article at When Will a Doctor Induce Labor?

Nicole Nov 19, 2010 11:47:37 AM ET

Okay so i am 40 weeks and 2 days today and i go to see my obs how do i go about asking to be induced i haven't had any contractions or anything and am really sick of being pregnant what do i do?

Joanne Nov 12, 2010 02:56:06 AM ET

I am 38 weeks and 2 days and had high blood pressure yesterday and got taken in. the baby got monitored as fine and my blood pressure reduced but still high. i got sent home. they wont induce you without good reason and the fact i went 10days over due and had a natural pain relief free birth with my first is also on thier minds. i am desperate to meet my baby and secretly hoped i would be induced to meet her but they are going to assess me on monday and prob send me home again!!! they do come when they are ready and the one thing i need to remeber like with my son the longer they are in the stronger they are! its just horrid waiting! x

patty Oct 5, 2010 08:24:48 AM ET

What is my baby is 9 pounds and 4 ounces already and i am 40 weeks and 2 days?? i dont want to have a c section :-(

Nicole Jul 22, 2010 01:11:51 PM ET

They would never induce that early, full term is 37 weeks.

Nicole Jul 14, 2010 09:44:18 AM ET

Im 29 weeks saturday i have had contractions and pre labour will they induce me now x

Liz May 28, 2010 06:03:17 PM ET

I'm 17 years old and pregnant with my first child. i'm 40 weeks and 5 days already and nothing has happened. i went to the hospital 2 days after my due date and they told me i was only 1cm dialated. i'm thinking about trying castor oil tonight and going for a long walk. it nothing happens then i'm going to ask to have my labor enduced. i don't have a doctor, do you think they will enduce me? i've been in a lot of pain and i just want to get this over with already. plus i think it's a big baby because i gained like 50 pounds and i never ate a whole lot.

amber Oct 6, 2009 05:17:21 PM ET

I was going to ask my doctor to induce me by my 38th week because my boyfriend works far away and i would rather make sure he is there and have it planned out and a week later i have a wedding to attend and a lot is happening in that month and im starting to get sick on a regular basis and horrible swelling of my feet. do you think with those reasons they will possibly consider inducing me two weeks early?

Krystal Oct 2, 2009 09:33:55 AM ET

I need some help, i'm 1.5cm dilated, i am not due for a week, i have had diarrhea on and off for 2 weeks now, i've been having contractions for a week now, and the doctors will not induce me, i'm getting sicker and sicker as the days go on, and i have been told that bub is now open to infections, is there any chance that the doctors will induce me if i still have 8 days to my due date?

Marie Apr 12, 2009 10:16:41 PM ET

I have gestational diabetes, i will be 36 weeks on tuesday and my baby is already over 6 and a half pounds. how can i convince my doctor to induce me by 38 weeks at the latest because i'm really concerned about her getting too large and i don't think this is being monitored closely enough.

Teresa Mar 3, 2009 11:28:30 PM ET

Ok. so i'm hoping someone can help me. i'm currently 29 weeks pregnant and i'm worried sick about labor and delivery. my husband is in the army and we are currently stationed at fort drum in new york. he just recieved pcs orders to report to fort hood, texas. and the report date is actually my due date ! we will be driving to texas and will be in two seperate vehicles due to having two vehicles plus a moving truck. my concerns are as follows: 1- i don't feel comfortable showing up in texas (or go into labor on the drive down there) and having some random ob delivery my child. 2- is there any possible chance i could be induced at 37 or 38 weeks and deliver before we leave new york ? please fill me with your knowledge ! =)

<< 1 2 3

Go back to When Will a Doctor Induce Labor?