Fertility Calendar & Cycle Days

Trying to Conceive Member Poll

Have you made lifestyle changes for TTC?

Not yet, but we will

View More Polls

You are here: Home > Fertility & Trying to Conceive > Implantation of a Fertilized Egg > Comments

Implantation of a Fertilized Egg Comments & Discussion | Page 20

Read the full article at Implantation of a Fertilized Egg

Stephine Oct 15, 2011 10:16:43 AM ET

I had sex on june 1 and then again on june 14 with a different guy. im pregnant now but i dont know how to tell which one is the father. somebody please help : (

KC Oct 9, 2011 07:42:36 PM ET

We're just recently off bc and trying to conceive. i'm concerned about my short menstual cycle. i seem to be ovulating (+ test) on day 10, but getting my next period on day 19. that doesn't seem to be enough time for implantation to occur before my period even if we were to score in the fertilization. anyone have any knowledge on this? i'd appreciate it:) thx

dannielle Oct 6, 2011 10:55:25 PM ET

I had my menses on the 18 of september. around the 27 to 2nd of october i started having sex.on the 6th of october i saw a pinkish colour in my under wear which looked like blood but lighter. it just came for a few hours and that is by the end of the day the was no blood. could that be a sign of implantation?

izzie Sep 26, 2011 07:24:03 PM ET

Hi. me and my bf had sex on sept21, day 6 of my cycle. i'm so scared that i'd get pregnant because it was my first time. one more thing that concerns me is that i have an irregular menstrual cycle. :'( i need help very badly. will i get pregnant? :(((

Mica Sep 1, 2011 11:09:33 AM ET

Ovulation predictors are not very sensitive, so when you use them and get a negative result, there's still a good chance that you did ovulate and it wasn't sensitive enough to catch it. the best and cheapest way to figure out when you ovulate is to chart your bbt and to check your cervix. i would say check your cervical mucus, but some of us are too dry for that. the cervix is firm, like the tip of your nose, most of the cycle, but it softens when you ovulate. it also lowers at the same time. once it rises and firms up again, ovulation has already passed. there's still a small chance of getting pregnant for the next 24 hours or so, but you generally want to have sex before the softening so the sperm has time to reach the egg before it disintegrates. the beauty of checking the cervix is you can do it as many times as you'd like throughout the day. for those whose cycles are confusing, charting bbt, cervical mucus, and cervical position and firmness will help you understand what's happening at least a little better. unless you produce high enough amounts of lh, ovulation predictors will just waste your money. charting bbt will also help you figure out whether or not you're pregnant. progesterone declines rapidly 24 to 48 hours before the next period. the progesterone was what was responsible for the rise in temperature after ovulation, so when you see the sudden drop on your bbt chart, you know your period is coming. if you know your period well from at least a few months of charting, and you don't see the drop in temperature on the day you would expect to see it, there's a good chance you're pregnant. still get a pregnancy test, of course, but i wouldn't bother to test if i do see my temperature drop. it would be a waste of a test to prove i'm not pregnant. progesterone continues to rise throughout pregnancy. so it wouldn't make sense for your temperature to fall without a drop in progesterone. hope that all made sense. if you want to get pregnant, get your men into boxers, have sex everyday (or let him masturbate everyday), but you must have sex everyday starting about 6 days prior to ovulation. continue to lie down on your back after sex with a pillow under your butt to let gravity help the sperm get to the egg. it has been shown to increase chances of getting pregnant. if you want to gender sway for a girl, stop having sex 2 to 3 days before ovulation, and if you want to gender sway for a boy, only start having sex 1 or 2 days before ovulation. what we currently know is that xy (male) sperm can live for 1 to 3 days and xx (female) sperm can live for 3 to 6 days. gender swaying does not guarantee a particular gender, but it helps increase the chances. the ph of your body affects the outcome as well. xy sperm favors (swims faster and lives longer in) alkalinity, but xx sperm favors acidity. @aniky, even with a 28 day cycle, i can only guess that you ovulate on cd14. i could be wrong. you would have had to chart to know for sure. assuming you do ovulate on cd 14 though, either of these men could be the father since intercourse would have occurred within 3 days of ovulation. again, that's based on my assumption being correct. i suggest a paternity test when the baby is born (preferably a cheek swab).

edd Aug 14, 2011 02:36:55 PM ET

My husband n i have been trying to have a baby for 6 months now. for a month now i have been discharging so i couldn't tell when i ovulated,, but we have sex almost every two days. i don't feel comfortable in ma tommy, i have cramps and abdominal pain, can it be am preg. help me

Jen Aug 4, 2011 12:29:07 PM ET

Hey honey, my cycle is 30 days and my clear blue easy test said that i ovulated on day 18 so you may have to test a little longer.

AniKY Aug 2, 2011 09:00:33 PM ET

Hi, i have a normal menstrual cycle of 28 days. i saw my menses july 9, 2011 for 3 days. i had sexual intercourse with 2 diffrent men on july 19 and july 20, 2011 respectively. who is responsible for the pregnancy? how do i know?

tara Jun 22, 2011 09:24:59 AM ET

Hey me and my bf had unprotected sex wen i was oving and 5 6 day i had bad cramps and it hurt really bad and the next day we had sex and it hurt really bad but than the next day i was fine could it have been implantation cramps

giselle Jun 4, 2011 12:15:34 PM ET

Hi everyone. i am on day 10 after ovulation. over the past week i have had a lot of the classic preg symtons (loose stool, pressure on my blatter peeing every 10-20 mins, thick creamy white vag fluid,bloating, etc). for two days i have been having implentation cramps. i am sure i am pregnant, but i just took a neg. preg test. i am only 10 days in, but i have been preg before and tested pos about one week after ovulation. does this mean the egg didn't catch? how do i know if the egg doesn't catch? someone please help!! turning crazy. thanks

<< 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next >>