Fertility Calendar & Cycle Days

Trying to Conceive Member Poll

Have you made lifestyle changes for TTC?

Not yet, but we will

View More Polls

You are here: Home > Fertility & Trying to Conceive > Vitamin B6 to Treat Luteal Phase Defect? > Comments

Vitamin B6 to Treat Luteal Phase Defect? Comments & Discussion

Read the full article at Vitamin B6 to Treat Luteal Phase Defect?

Britishtink Dec 23, 2012 05:06:47 PM ET

Hi, i took vit b6 at 100mg for one cycle from the day my period ended and my luteal phase increased from 9 to 15 days...awesome!!

patty Nov 15, 2012 04:34:24 AM ET

I have been on metformin for about four months when i discovered i had a short luteal phase. i started taking vit b6 and vit b12 and within one month my luteal phase is normal. it works!

Dame Aug 13, 2012 07:49:22 PM ET

I v bn trying to conceive for d past 1yr 5months. my craps got worse in marriage. i v a cycle length of 25 days wit a short lp. starting vit b6 2day works like maggic for my cramps today and i av no nausea feelings again. i'm hoping it works for my 1st conception too.

carol Jan 5, 2012 11:20:45 AM ET

I been taking 200mg b6 for a month now to help me with pms, i was wondering how long after words will i be able to conceive? also i have very bad cramping and acne.

Ophie Aug 29, 2011 07:00:33 PM ET

I realized i had a short luteal phase in may and started taking a b-complex vitamin once a day in june, it has worked. my last cycle was 27 days when it's normally 26 days with ovulation on the 14th or 15th cycle day. my ovulation was definitely on the 14th day last cycle and this cycle. af is due tomorrow, but i've barely had any of my normal premenstrual cramping. maybe conception has occurred, but if not, the vitamin b-complex has definitely helped in a short time.

Tamela Jun 12, 2011 03:41:37 AM ET

Thank you for your information. i had a miscarriage back in january and after that life at work became extremely stressful. which has thrown my body out of sorts. i don't like to take drugs and was looking for a natural way to help us try to get pregnant again. thank you!

Rebekah May 30, 2011 08:52:29 AM ET

B6 can be taking throughout the cycle to lengthen the luetal phase. 50mg can even be taken after pregnancy to help with morning sickness. i currently take 100mg daily, i am not pregnant. i have also read that b6 helps lessen the affects of endo.

Trudy Dec 22, 2010 07:34:37 AM ET

I have a son who is taking 1000mg keppra morning and night and is so moody and violent i have heard b6 is good i have started b6 he is 100kilos how much should i give him and how long before it will take effect

Trudy Dec 22, 2010 05:54:59 AM ET

melanie Oct 16, 2010 08:37:06 AM ET

I took b6 while ttc. i got a positive blood test at the doctor on wednesday. should i continue to take b6 after becoming pregnant? if so, for how long? i have been taking around 100 mg. will this cause birth defects?

jesyca Oct 5, 2015 09:24:06 PM ET

How long did you take the b6 vitamin before you became pregnant?

1 2 Next >>

Go back to Vitamin B6 to Treat Luteal Phase Defect?