Month by Month Baby Calendar
Learn what to expect during your baby's first years with our month by month baby calendar. Choose your baby's age below to see how your baby is developing.

1 Week
20 Months
21 Months
22 Months
23 Months
24 Months

Baby Photo Contest
Enter your baby into Baby Corner's free baby photo contest for a chance to win Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Puppy!!

Baby Photo Contest Home
Upload & Manage Your Photos
See Past Winners!

You are here: Home > Baby > Q&A: Baby Won\'t Sleep Through the Night > Comments

Q&A: Baby Won\'t Sleep Through the Night Comments & Discussion | Page 6

Read the full article at Q&A: Baby Won't Sleep Through the Night

Melanie Jan 1, 2010 10:12:21 PM ET

I was given a suggestion by the website raising godly tomatoes. put them in their sleeping position (i.e. back or stomach) and then continue to place them back and tell them, time to go night night ... and head down or turn over .. figure out what you want to say. then keep putting them back and teach them what you expect and how to obey you. initally it can take 15 to 30+ minutes but this dramatically decreases because they know what to expect and what you are going to do. it will dramatically shorten the time it takes for them to go to sleep and doesn't involve feeding. i am still in the process of seeing how this decreases the number of time my son is up but it makes it easy for him to go back to sleep. now it can take 1-4 min. when he wakes up in the middle of the night.

Shamika Dec 18, 2009 01:04:13 PM ET

I'm going through the same thing too. my son has never slept through a night whether he is in the crib or my bed. it's even more frustrating and stressful for me because i've begun working an eight hour job. at the end of the day, all i want to do is sleep. as he wakes and realizes he was falling asleep, he starts crying and flailing around with his eyes closed. my husband and i will try this method starting this weekend.

rebeccca Dec 16, 2009 09:01:55 PM ET

My 11 month year old daughter is doing the same,she does not want to sleep even in the day,some times she have her 15 min naps then an hour or two but when comes to night she be up all night and wont settle down!! i tried letting her cry rocking her to sleep,she thinks am playing an game,its really making me exhausted and literally left me where i have hardly any sleep!!!!!!!!

sleeplees in Boston Dec 12, 2009 06:19:06 AM ET

My 11 month old daughter has never slept through the night! i don't understand why or what the problem is. i'm a single mom and this is my second child. i've never had a problem with my first child. now my 11 month old won't sleep in her crib, co-dependent on the pacifier. once the pacifier falls out of her mouth she would start crying and this would happen all night. i just don't know what to do anymore. i would be lucky to get anywhere between 4 - 5 hrs of sleep throughout the night. when she's in bed with me she's always tossing amnd turning. i hope someone can give me some advice.

hilcia martinez Dec 4, 2009 12:57:16 AM ET

My son is 19 month old since he born never had slept through the night. he allways wake up crying at nigth specially cause he wants his zipy cup. i had try everything for him to sleep through the night.but it havent work.i need help please

Shay Nov 7, 2009 10:58:56 PM ET

I have these same problems.... nursing and i get so sore after trying to get my son to relax and fall asleep that i cant stand the pain. if we let him cry he screeches at the top of his lungs until he is sick and we live in a apt. my husband always gives in and goes in there to comfort him but he does not have to wake up with him 3-4 times. sometimes every hour!! i am a zombie! help

Natasha May 1, 2009 09:46:00 PM ET

I have an 11 month old son who has never slept through the night. he wakes on average every 1.5 to 3 hours crying hysterically. i have tried the cry it out method, i have taken his soother away, put him to sleep awake and anything else i have come across as a suggestion and nothing has worked. the only thing that it has done is cut down on the crying when i first put him to bed, he calms down pretty quickly and falls asleep but is awake again within a couple of hours. i have no idea what to do, i am hoping to return to work soon and it will be very difficult with the amount of sleep i am getting at night. any suggestions?

mary Apr 12, 2009 09:53:52 AM ET

My son is almost 11 months old and does not sleep through the night at all!!! he wakes up between 1-3 am in the morning, have a bottle of milk and will not go back to sleep. he will then realize that i am not picking him up from his crib so he will start crying for the longest time!i will then go and get him to sleep with us coz there is no way that we will get any sleep at all!! how can i stop him from doing this?? he needs to sleep all night. help!

Jema Apr 12, 2009 02:06:49 AM ET

Hi i have a 4month old baby and he goes down to bed at night really well at around 7.00 and sleeps for 4 hours and after that he keeps waking up every 1-2hrs.then at 5.00 he is wide awake ready to play.please help

Alison Mar 19, 2009 09:13:29 AM ET

I actually don't have a comment, but a question and i wasn't able to click on the section above to ask a question to dr. christine wood. my ten month old is a terrible sleeper. his lack of sleep at night is making me miserable which makes my husband and three year old miserable as well! he does pretty well putting himself to sleep at night but is up at least four times after that to have a bottle. this doesn't always put him back to sleep - he might want to play or just be held. it's driving me crazy! i've gotten to the point where i'm considering letting him cry it out. i find it hard to believe that he really needs to have multiple bottles in the middle of the night. could he really be that hungry or is he simply looking for attention? i need some help here!!!

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >>