Month by Month Baby Calendar
Learn what to expect during your baby's first years with our month by month baby calendar. Choose your baby's age below to see how your baby is developing.

1 Week
20 Months
21 Months
22 Months
23 Months
24 Months

Baby Photo Contest
Enter your baby into Baby Corner's free baby photo contest for a chance to win Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Puppy!!

Baby Photo Contest Home
Upload & Manage Your Photos
See Past Winners!

You are here: Home > Baby > Prepare Your Baby to Walk with Ease > Comments

Prepare Your Baby to Walk with Ease Comments & Discussion

Read the full article at Prepare Your Baby to Walk with Ease

joni Jun 6, 2013 10:27:42 PM ET

I have 3 boys. however i didn't follow this rule with all 3. my first 2 boys wore hi-tops. my first didn't walk until almost 14 months,my second son didn't walk until 17 months. with my 3rd son he didn't wear shoes until he was 17 months old. the only shoes he wore before that was robeez soft soled and those was just to help keep his feet warm. then he went to robeez mini-shoes @ 15 months. at 17 months old he got his first pair of real shoes which was pediped grip and go shoes super flexiable! he started walking at 10 months old so i think no shoes are best when cruising and learning to walk! just my opion.

uche okey Oct 30, 2012 12:38:58 PM ET

Thanks for this beautiful article my daughter is 11+months,she started her first steps with shoes and she is doing great .

Cassie Oct 19, 2012 12:01:00 AM ET

I have a 11month old. he's a cruiser but not yet standing on his own.this information was very helpful because i was thinking of buying the hard bottoms shoes.yjrkxo

saphire May 28, 2012 03:56:25 PM ET

I too have a 10 month old and im tring to teach her to walk.

Val Nov 4, 2010 11:50:02 AM ET

I agree with this article completly my son is 12 months old and he can walk 13 steps all on he's own, but when i put shoe's on him he cannot walk on he's own at all it is alot harder when they are in shoe's it makes it very difficult

Lisa Oct 19, 2010 11:11:55 PM ET

Thanks this was very helpful, i have a 10 month and she coasts but hasn't taken any steps yet and i was torn about buying her shoes prior to first steps! i will wait.

nancy Jul 30, 2010 12:32:23 AM ET

This helped me out a lot, thanks for the suggestions!

melissa Jun 9, 2010 11:42:37 AM ET

I love this site... it helped me alot with my baby.. :d thanks

jorod Mar 15, 2010 04:59:26 PM ET

My son nader is olny a month old and is walking he talks and drives me to the store

sheila Nov 18, 2009 04:57:50 PM ET

You should look up a product called baby noodles. i got some for my daughter at a local baby show and they worked great!

1 2 Next >>