Pilates For Pregnancy - The Perfect Exercise Methodby Nathan Cross
Pilates and pregnancy go together incredibly well. This form of exercise considered to be one of the best methods that a pregnant woman can use in order to prepare herself for the birth of her baby. Not only that but Pilates can help at all stages of the pregnancy, and afterwards.
Pregnancy is one of the most important and special times of a woman's life and it is also a time when she needs to pay close attention to her health. One way to do that is to engage in a healthy exercise routine and Pilates is perfect for this.
Preparation for Labor and Delivery
Many consider Pilates to be the perfect preparation for the labor and delivery process.
Women often find it hard to keep up with an exercise program when they are pregnant, not only because they are more tired than usual but also because they simply do not have the time that they used to, especially if they already have other children. However, Pilates and pregnancy is a great match in this regard as it can be done at home and need not take a lot of time.
Pilates is a method of exercise that focusses on both mind and body and has numerous benefits. For example, The breathing techniques learned improve energy levels during pregnancy so that mother's will tire less easily as ell as aiding the preparation for labour.
More Benefits of Pilates for Pregnancy
1. Improves abdominal strength which helps support the weight of the growing uterus and the spine.
2. Helps to maintain good posture which reduces the amount of pressure on the spine thus avoiding lower back tension and pain.
3. Helps to prevent leg cramps and varicose veins.
4. Improves pelvic floor control helping to support the extra weight during pregnancy.
5. Increased awareness of the pelvic floor muscles enhancing the mother's ability to relax and facilitate birth.
6. Increases muscular stamina so the woman is able to adopt comfortable positions, for longer, during labour.
7. Reduces the likelihood of injury or wear and tear on the joints.
8. Increases well-being and the feel good factor.
Exercising After Delivery
Some Pilates exercises are doable soon after the birth which helps tone the abdominal muscles and bring them back into shape. This method combines strength training with unique breathing and posture techniques which allow you to exercise safely. Just 30 minutes of moderate exercise, three times a week, can do wonders making Pilates the perfect fitness technique for pregnancy..Nathan Cross writes on many aspects of health and fitness. To find out more about Peak Pilates Certification or other training organizations visit his Pilates moves site. Learn about exercises and equipment such as the Supreme Pilates machine and balls, rings and mats.
From around the web
Be the first to add your comment!
You are commenting as Guest. Please register or login if you would like to be notified by email of replies to your comment.