Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Stopping Birth Control and Trying to Conceive Comments & Discussion | Page 5

Read the full article at Stopping Birth Control and Trying to Conceive

Michelle Aug 19, 2010 03:56:52 PM ET

I have been on bc for 7years and am 29 years old and already have a 10 year old child. I want to have a baby will being on the pill for so long affect my ability to conceive???

Shawna Aug 13, 2010 05:08:00 PM ET

I was on birth control for 10 years and we have been trying to conceive for a year now to no avail. I was off the pill for over a year and we didn't start trying until 4 months after I stopped. I'm wondering if being on birth control so long for some women affects fertility. I am still not ovulating.

Maggie Jun 7, 2010 01:12:54 PM ET

I was on the pill for close to 8 years.....went off....and conceived our first 28 days later. Went back on the pill for approximately 3 more years and conceived our second 29 days after going off the pill again. Everyone is different. I think the point is....there is no right or wrong answer.

Suzy May 31, 2010 09:16:27 PM ET

I been on the pill for almost 4 years n my bf and i are ttc will being on the pill that long effect how long it will take to get preggo?? how long does it take for the pill to leave ur systom??

Pettie May 28, 2010 08:05:37 PM ET

I hd norplant fo 3yrs hd it removed Sept 2009 up until nw am not pregnant its nw 8mnts,my 1st born son is turning 4yrs in Aug.am worried what shud i do.

nikki Mar 22, 2010 07:09:01 PM ET

Hello i want to have a baby and i was wondering how soon i would conceive bc i didnt finish my cycle of pills and its been about two months now so i was wondering is that why i maynot have concived yet due to me not finishing the pills? and if so how long would u say it would it be?

shatoya Nov 20, 2008 08:11:52 AM ET

I used to had bc when i wass 19 yrs old.. but then after that i stop using bc since 20 & 21yrs but then me & ma hubby tryna having a baby but it dosent work... so what should i do?? am i makling a baby or not???

Mari Nov 3, 2008 01:00:42 PM ET

Hi, I have been on BC Pills for just over 14years; my husband and I had agreed years ago not to have children. Well needless to say we both have changed our minds, I'm almost 38 and would like to have a child or be pregnant before I turn 39. I finished my last pack of bc pills last week (Tuesday)and just yesterday (Sunday) got my period. Just wondering how long should I wait before we try to conceive. I don't even honestly remember how many days were between periods, I know I didn't have any problems prior to starting on the pills other than very bad cramps. Wondering how long to wait to start trying and curious to know IF it will happen for us and how long will it take. I know the last question might not be answered but can you advice about how long to wait before trying to conceive..... thanks! Mari

<< 1 2 3 4 5