Month by Month Baby Calendar
Learn what to expect during your baby's first years with our month by month baby calendar. Choose your baby's age below to see how your baby is developing.
1 Week
19 Months
20 Months
21 Months
22 Months
23 Months
24 Months

Photo Contest - WIN $50!!
Enter your baby into Baby Corner's free baby photo contest for a chance to win $50!! CASH!!

Baby Photo Contest Home
Upload & Manage Your Photos
See Past Winners!

Stay Connected!

Facebook

Twitter

RSS

You are here: Home > Toddlers > Transitioning from Crib to Toddler Bed > Comments

Transitioning from Crib to Toddler Bed Comments & Discussion | Page 2

Read the full article at Transitioning from Crib to Toddler Bed

Kateri Dec 17, 2011 09:32:07 PM ET

Do not use mesh tents on top of your crib because children can be strangled when trying to escape between the tent bar and the crib rail. a child was found hung by one but there is no recall yet. google 2008 strangulation death of noah thompson.

suzanne Jun 2, 2011 09:47:21 PM ET

I have a 20 month old son i just tfhrew his crib away 2 days ago becabath use it was broken..now he sleeps on a full sized matress in my room he sleeps with everything he had in his crib he took to it well he goes to me mommy me-me which hes saying he wants to go to sleep...he sleeps well i give him a bath everynight at around 5pm then let him play until at least 6:30pm then i get him a bottle then he goes to sleep...just remember conisistency is key..toddler's do better when they have a routin..my son knows what to do at thoes times......

jo Apr 6, 2011 08:32:25 PM ET

I really do sympathise with some of you mums, with your stories, some of you have made me chuckle especially the toddler who likes his big boy bed too much! my situation is slightly different again. because of the big age differences between my eldest 2 and my daughter who is 2, i have not been able to have my 2yr old share with her brother or sister. (age diff are 11yrs and 10 yrs diff)my husband and i had to rurn an unused room downstairs into our bedroom, this is where my daughter has been sleeping until i finished decorating her new room. she has been so desperate to get upstairs to be with her big brother and sister that when i put her in her new room and toddler bed 2 nights ago i was very lucky and i only had to put her into bed twice and she slept through the first night, today she had her afternoon nap in there with no problems, again tonight she has gone to bed and stayed there and gone straight to sleep. the big problem is my husband! he has got very emotional and upset at the thought of his last baby being all grown up and that she will never climb out of her cot and into our bed for a cuddle again. so much so to the point i have felt very guilty tonight for putting her upstairs into a proper bed!! i refuse to put her back in her cot as she is doing so well, plus i do not htink she would go back in now, how on earth do i get my husband to stop getting emotional that his last baby is growing up??? i know some of you will find this hilarious, i know i would but honestly i feel so bad for letting her have her own bed and room! :-) help please lol x

Hayley Jan 29, 2011 03:39:09 PM ET

My 2yr old has until recently been a very good sleeper. always slept in his own cot, in own room from 3 months old, made transition from cot to bed at 14 months (safety gate on door) and generally self soothes.)the last month he has started destroying his room before he settles to sleep..drawers out of chest, clothes out of wardrobe, toys everywhere, mattress off bed! i have told him im sad with his behaviour (although he looks at me and smiles) and tried to get him to tidy up..but it wont stop his monkeying! any suggestions would be great!

Abi Jan 20, 2011 09:06:44 PM ET

My baby just transfered into a toddler bed at 15 months and she loves it. i only have to put her back in bed maybe once a night after changing her diaper. it helped having her older sister sleeping in a toddler bed. she was interested in sleeping in the toddler bed at seven months when she realized that's what her sister did.

amy Nov 4, 2010 04:48:05 AM ET

Just starting daughter into toddler bed today nap time she evetually fell asleep in it after i put her in bed about 50 times and tonight we started her off in crib and did a sleep transfer to bed. pray that all goes good tommorow morning.

Rebecca Oct 14, 2010 03:45:34 PM ET

My 18month old gets out of his crib like he has been doing it his whole life. him and his older brother shair a room. so it makes it kind of hard to put him in a big boy bed and go in there every time he gets out of bed. due to my oldest has school in the morning and im worried that this could keep him up all night. what to do about transitioning a child that shairs a room with another sibling? please help!!!

Kim Sep 15, 2010 12:02:59 PM ET

My 2 year old son just now started jumping out of his crib. that scared us so we got him a toddler bed. lastnight was his first time sleeping in his new bed. it didnt go to well. he wanted to get up and play. so we closed the door and that didnt help any. he finally went to sleep when we moved his bed into our room right beside me and he went right to sleep. how can i get him to sleep in his new bed in his room?

Esperanza Jul 26, 2010 11:18:45 AM ET

My son sleeps in a play pen and i just feel like maybe it isnt comfortable for him anymore. so im thinking about switching the only concern is we sleep in the same room and im scared he will wake up while we are sleeping and destroy the house lol any advice?

Sarah Rae Jun 11, 2010 12:34:34 AM ET

My daughter never got through one night in a crib, she coslept with us and has been going back and forth between her toddler bed and our bed since she was just 10 months old, until just the last couple weeks, she's finally been sleeping in her bed every night without a fight. at the same time, her 22 month old brother is showing interest in a bed as well!

<< 1 2 3 4 Next >>