Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Decoding the Cough in Babies & Toddlers Comments & Discussion

Read the full article at Decoding the Cough in Babies & Toddlers

Noella May 11, 2018 08:18:11 AM ET

My 4 yr old is having these coughing fits and just puked thick stuff. I took him to the doc yesterday, just a common cold, no ear infections. But wasn't puking then. Should I take him to e.r or is it just mucus coming out?

Cai Sep 26, 2016 04:22:17 PM ET

Every time my 3 year old daughter coughs then vomits, blood starts to ooze out of her right nostril, red thick blood. My mom told me that the coughing might have caused a strain in her throat and nostrils and it triggers the blood that's coming out of her nose. When I asked my kid, she's not feeling any pain in any part of her head. And she is still very active. But I am really worried.

Angela Aug 15, 2016 08:46:50 PM ET

My daughter Kailyn has been coughing almost 2 months now. She coughs a lot in the morning when she first gets up, she coughs at night when she sleeps. We went to her pediatrician and they say that it comes with the territory. When she goes to daycare, that it's you know it's hard but it is good that she's getting it man vs. When she gets older and they prescribed her his cough medicine, that is not doing any good. We just did a refill last week. She is still coughing. Some times she has a runny nose, sometimes it's dry. She has sneezing occasionally. She doesn't have a fever. She is vomiting again and I am a bit concerned. Do I need to take her to a specialist? Your opinion or comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

kayla Mar 18, 2015 12:02:38 AM ET

My 15 month old she has red blood shot eyes, her nose is running, and every time she goes out it gets worse. I don't know what it is, and her doctor won't do any tests.

Gothe Mar 6, 2015 01:36:18 PM ET

My 17 Month old daughter is coughing at night only. No coughing when she is awake. She has had 100 degree fever for last 3 Days. Now, no fever or cold or coughing when she is awake. She is coughing only when she sleeps and only after a snoring like sound. Please suggest or advise.

Melissa Nov 7, 2014 02:46:33 AM ET

My 23 month old son has not a yellow mucus in the corners of his eyes, it's green. I'm thinking it's a sinus infection. He also has the flu. Now, the green gunk is quite disturbing to me as I haven't seen this before, but the doctor doesn't see it as concerning? Help please

JonahNAloha Aug 27, 2014 09:30:29 PM ET

Sometimes what the nebulizer doesn't do the prednisone will do. My kids have very bad asthma and it always starts off from a runny nose. Keep your son in a cool area away from heat because heat triggers there asthma, dust is also a big factor in asthmatic children. Even if you have to give him the nebulizer every 20 minutes till you see comfort do so because it will do no harm but opening up the airways. Hope he gets better.

Kasey Jun 2, 2014 11:43:24 AM ET

My 6 month old has a dry cough sometimes, and other times it's barky. He has neon green gunk oozing from his eyes and matting them together at night. He has neon green snot coming from his nose. He has a fever of 102.3 rectally. He threw up once and is very restless. Can someone tell me what they think it may be??

Lace May 28, 2014 08:12:32 PM ET

My 6 month old daughter had a fever of 101, cough, watery eyes, runny nose. Doctor said to give her Benadyrl and Motrin. All her symptoms cleared up in a few days but she still has a rattle in her chest. Nothing else is going on and she's eating fine and playing. Help!?

Guest May 2, 2014 09:13:59 AM ET

My baby is 19 months old. Since 5 months, I am going to and from the doctor. He shows all the signs of asthma but has not been diagnosed yet. The pediatrician says it's not asthma, and now almost a month and still with cough. It relaxed and within one or two days it goes serious again. I don't know what to do. Please help.

Guest Jun 13, 2014 03:39:40 PM ET

Try a different doctor, or get a referral for a specialist but definitely get a second opinion.

1 2 3 4 Next >>

You are commenting as .

Go back to Decoding the Cough in Babies & Toddlers

Your Baby Month by Month
Learn what to expect during your baby's first years with our month by month baby calendar. Choose your baby's age below to see how your baby is developing.

1 Week
19 Months
20 Months
21 Months
22 Months
23 Months
24 Months

Baby Photo Contest - WIN!
Enter your baby into Baby Corner's free baby photo contest for a chance to win prizes!

Baby Photo Contest Home