Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Decoding the Cough in Babies & Toddlers Comments & Discussion | Page 3

Read the full article at Decoding the Cough in Babies & Toddlers

jen Dec 7, 2011 03:28:17 AM ET

My daughter is 11 months and she's had a bad cough for about 3 weeks. Wakes up at nap time and night from coughing so bad.also in the am. Dr.said she was fine, well everytime she coughs she screams. Not sure what's going on. She has a mucas cough, but when I bring her in. They can never hear anything.someone help;

Samuel Oct 30, 2011 09:34:21 PM ET

My 2.5 year old son has had a cough for 3 weeks now, it gets worse at night and he starts to throw up. Please advise. We have tried several cough mixtures, no improvement.

Natasha Jul 5, 2011 02:53:05 PM ET

My 2 year old daughter had this ongoing cough since birth and her dad & i would always bring it to her pediatricians attention and they would always say she was fine & healthy until i decided to take her to a children's hospital and there they found that she had asthma bronchitis and croup. We now have a newborn baby that is showing almost the same symptoms but he has kind of like a barky cough, watery eyes, runny nose & sneezing what should i worry about?

Angel Jan 16, 2011 02:18:40 AM ET

I have a 10 month old that has a cough since birth and 4 xrays keep showing something. The docs keep brushing it off until one doc said she needs to be refered to a pulmonoli

antonio Dec 2, 2010 08:03:29 AM ET

My baby has a terrible cough during the night the only thing that calms her is the humidifier with a vick's tablet.

agnes Nov 21, 2010 05:51:28 PM ET

My grandson had a fever 2 weeks ago after that have cough until now,we brought him to see the doctor last week, but last night he throw up 2x and have a white spot on his tounge.

Jen Nov 17, 2010 01:58:12 PM ET

My son had cold after cold and a cough that would not go away starting from the time he tuned one. I took him to a few doctors (based on specialist referrals) who put him on a long list of meds, inhalers, did tests and x-rays... I thought this was crazy for a one year old! Both my husband and I are mostly healthy and the most we would take for ourselves would be tylenol. Finally, we took him to a naturopathic doctor. He's 2.5 years old now and very healthy. Turns out it was food intolerances to dairy and gluten. Today he can have both, we just make sure to keep on eye on the quality of food he eats.

ashlee Oct 14, 2010 03:46:04 AM ET

My 18 month old daughter has always had these deep barking like cough. a month go i had to take her to the er, come to find out she had croup. the dr prescribed her an inhaler, which now doesn't seem to do much, since birth she has always had a deep cough. they have done x-rays and could not find anything. when we are out in public and she starts coughing, people always ask me if she is sick and she is just fine. is there a specialist that could see her.

Michelle Aug 25, 2010 08:44:18 PM ET

Check for mold around the windows either black pink or orange in some case of children with cronic cough they cant resolve it ended up being inhaled mold spores it happened to our kids and some of our friends children as well it is sneaky and can hide easily just look along the seals and in the seams. Alot of prolonged coughs in infants can be caused by an milk allergy my friends son, had this took six months to figure it out poor little guy as for the mold a wet towel with bleach will clean it right up if it is your apartment complex they are legally responsible to take care of it in several,countries I wipe down my kids windows now every week with just a touch of bleach. Hidden mold can also be a culprit look for condensation on the windows when closed if there is wetness on the seal or in the window you can bet there is mold somewhere

Stephanie Jul 14, 2010 12:34:23 PM ET

Our son has had a dry cough for almost 4 months. He snorts followed by a series of dry coughs but he has no runny nose. No fever, no problem sleeping, he is very active and heathy...except for the constant snorting and dry cough. It happens mostly when he is not playing. We haven't been worried so far, thinking it was going to go away on its own...but it's not. Anyone?

<< 1 2 3 4 Next >>

You are commenting as .

Go back to Decoding the Cough in Babies & Toddlers

Your Baby Month by Month
Learn what to expect during your baby's first years with our month by month baby calendar. Choose your baby's age below to see how your baby is developing.

1 Week
19 Months
20 Months
21 Months
22 Months
23 Months
24 Months

Baby Photo Contest - WIN!
Enter your baby into Baby Corner's free baby photo contest for a chance to win prizes!

Baby Photo Contest Home