Month by Month Baby Calendar
Learn what to expect during your baby's first years with our month by month baby calendar. Choose your baby's age below to see how your baby is developing.
1 Week
19 Months
20 Months
21 Months
22 Months
23 Months
24 Months

Photo Contest - WIN $50!!
Enter your baby into Baby Corner's free baby photo contest for a chance to win $50!! CASH!!

Baby Photo Contest Home
Upload & Manage Your Photos
See Past Winners!

Stay Connected!

Facebook

Twitter

RSS

You are here: Home > Toddlers > Correcting Toddler Behavior - Biting, Hitting, & Throwing > Comments

Correcting Toddler Behavior - Biting, Hitting, & Throwing Comments & Discussion

Read the full article at Correcting Toddler Behavior - Biting, Hitting, & Throwing

Marianne Aug 31, 2017 04:52:50 PM ET

I work at a daycare with two babies, a two year old and a three year old. the two oldest are the director's kids and they have serious anger issues. they have been throwing things (big things and even one of the babies glass bottles). and some of this stuff has broke and hit me. and i've tried this stuff and it's not working at all. and i've told their mom and she just seems to baby them. and i'm afraid for the two babies in my room having two others who throw hard objects at them. what do i do because i can't have them in my class acting like that? and the mom just blamed me saying they're bored, so play with them. they aren't bored, they want to hurt people.

Guest Aug 15, 2017 08:14:37 PM ET

What ever happened to a good spanking? i'm not talking abusive. but i learned my lesson when i grew up. and learned how to behave. the problem i see is that people want to have their cake and eat it too. don't want to discipline but what all the benefits to the discipline. i'm not advocating for barbarianism or abuse. but sometimes a spanking when other things are failing do work. we talk about things first. and we only resort to a spanking when one of the 3 family rules are broken. if you hit your sister... if you lie... and if you talk back to mom or dad. but we always talk about why there is punishment. and i do agree with a lot of what was discussed above as well. but as a last resort. a spanking has worked before. not a spanking out of anger or frustration... but under calm circumstances. just my 2 cents.

Granna Sep 16, 2017 07:10:47 PM ET

You go mom! spanking a child is what more children need to grow up respecting others. i know we are not talking about a beating but they need to know who is the boss.

Guest Oct 14, 2017 10:09:58 PM ET

My 2 year old laughs at me and spanks his own butt when spanked, for throwing things at me.

Mumma D Aug 6, 2017 03:50:59 AM ET

My one yr old hates being told no or off when doing something he shouldn't, or if he's about to do something, & has to wait to put socks on or something . he hits and trows himself back head butting. this is so... upsetting. i'm interested in other mums/dads experiences, strategies, to see what else i can try to calm my babe!!

Guest Jul 18, 2017 05:53:34 AM ET

18 july 2017 my 18 month old baby boy is hitting on me, throwing himself down. he got that anger. he bites his sister . to be honest ,i don't know what to do. i do try to calm him down, but he keeps on doing it.

Hadenough Jul 15, 2017 06:23:04 PM ET

I have a 2 and a half year old that throws everything and hits. it is so bad that i can't leave him alone with my 4 year old. he throws cars at her. she has a black eye and a cut today. it makes me furious and i am having having no luck at all with the naughty step, talking, yelling, taking things away, trying to tell my daughter to stop getting to him. help me!!!!!!

Ashley Jan 16, 2017 08:37:05 PM ET

Hi my son will be 2 in april.. ever since about 9months old, he started banging his head on things and head butting you thinking its funny..then the biting came .. he throws things and trys to flip big stuff over.. he flips his kid table over and tosses his kid chairs.. he throws cups and food all the time. throws toys. if he gets mad he bites and hits and pinches.. if he doesn't get his way he does.. he will just come up to me, his dad or siblings and just pinches or tries to bite you. he has very bad anger issues.. he cries alot. throws himself down, no matter where we are, if he gets mad or doesn't get what he wants. boy can go from happy to mad in seconds. he's never slept through the night. i don't know what to do. he is nursed as i want to stop. he is so demanding and mean it's just stressful, but it's coming to an end.. what could be causing all this. i had two older kids, my first marriage (8 and 5) and they never acted this way. my husbands kids (his first marriage) also never did either... he said. i'm just worrried.

Kat Jun 29, 2017 03:40:05 PM ET

This sounds like my 2 yr old perfectly. he does exactly what your little one is doing. omg it is extremely frustrating. after reading this i don't feel so alone anymore. i thought something might be wrong with him but i see now that it is normal at that age. thank you for sharing.

ValRae34 Jun 30, 2017 09:05:26 PM ET

I'm curious if you ever found anything out about your son.. this sounds identical to my own child, he is also my 3rd and i've never had any of the issues with the others. advice?

Guest Mar 12, 2015 11:44:41 AM ET

My 14 month old daughter is bitting, hitting, throwing herself on the floor, crying, throwing her little chair when she gets mad. but, it happens like 75% of the day. she gets a little upset when other kids are around she hits me in my face. when she acts like this i don't scream at her. i tell her "no thats not nice!" or "we don't do things like that!!!" sometimes, i pluck her and she stops for 5 mins and does as she pleases!!! what do you think i should do? .

Courtney Feb 2, 2017 02:19:09 PM ET

How old is she?

Courtney Feb 2, 2017 02:19:57 PM ET

I meant how old is she now? is she still continuing to do those things?

Denisejason Feb 16, 2015 12:36:43 PM ET

My son is going on 28 months old. he is having trouble with speech delay. but, lately i've been noticing that he gets more aggressive. he gets a temper and throws things. there has been times when he's hit me and his father. do you have any advice on how to manage that?

Guest Apr 3, 2017 07:36:04 PM ET

You might want to take him to the doctor and have him recommend speech therapy, and tell him your concerns, and see what he suggests.hope i was some help because my son was like that somewhat, and he received speech therapy, and he has adhd. he's on medicine and doing well. he had speech therapy for a year. he makes good grades and is fixing to graduate next year and take college.

Concernedmammy Jan 28, 2015 11:37:29 AM ET

My boy/girl twins have just turned 3, and started nursery this january. my girl who is very advanced for her age has settled in well, but we are having problems with my son. the school has asked me to go in to observe his behaviour, as they are not sure he is ready for nursery. apparently, if he doesn't want to do something he won't, and subsequently won't always follow the nursery's routine. they keep putting him in timeout, but say that after his time is up he still appears angry, (he's never angry at home after sitting on the naughty step), and that he keeps throwing things. i don't know if i'm seeing things from rose coloured glasses, but i would have thought this to be normal for a recently turned 3 year old just starting nursery 3 weeks ago, especially as he's only ever been with me, his dad, or his grandparents. i honestly feel like they've labeled him a 'naughty child'. has anyone else had this experience? i am i too soft in thinking that this is normal behaviour, as they seem to be making a real deal out of it by seeing the head teacher and asking me to come in so they can evaluate if he's right for nursery?? the trouble is, if he's told not to come back, i'm worried it will delay his development, and also, i don't want my twins going to separate nurseries. he's done so well in the past 3 weeks too. he stopped crying after i left by week 2, and has had no toilet accidents, etc. i'm so upset, and would appreciate any helpful comments.

Guest Jan 10, 2017 06:38:45 PM ET

How did this work out for you? i'm in the exact same situation now.

megan Jan 24, 2015 07:09:24 PM ET

My daughter turned 2 in december when she was about 11/2. she started what you might call the terrible 2s. she hits and cries non stop about 85% of her day. she cries because she's not getting her way. she kicks, screams, eats anything except food, she won't sit at the table nor a high chair, she throws her food everywhere. her favorite word is no, and when we try to correct her she turns right around and keeps on doing it. punishment is no concern to her. i have a 7 year old son, a 4 year old step daughter, and a almost 2 year old step daughter, and none of them has ever acted like my 2 year old daughter. i figured starting this at 11/2, and now being a little over 2 she would grow out of some of this, but it seems like it just gets worse. she loves to punch and poke other kids and her other favorite saying is, "stop being mean mommy," or "stop being mean daddy." i have no clue what to do. please help.

Guest Mar 12, 2015 05:54:28 PM ET

I would suggest asking your doctor for a referral to a pediatrician. "terrible twos" are normal, but crying and hitting for 85% of the day is not typical. eating anything except food isn't typical for this age either. it's definitely worth pursuing further investigation. i work at a child development center and we encourage families to seek the advise of a developmental pediatrician. seek out someone who will take the time to observe your child and really listen to your concerns. good luck

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next >>