Month by Month Baby Calendar
Learn what to expect during your baby's first years with our month by month baby calendar. Choose your baby's age below to see how your baby is developing.
1 Week
20 Months
21 Months
22 Months
23 Months
24 Months

Photo Contest - WIN!
Enter your baby into Baby Corner's free baby photo contest for a chance to win prizes!

Baby Photo Contest Home
Upload & Manage Your Photos
See Past Winners!

Stay Connected!

Facebook

Twitter

RSS

You are here: Home > Toddlers > Correcting Toddler Behavior - Biting, Hitting, & Throwing > Comments

Correcting Toddler Behavior - Biting, Hitting, & Throwing Comments & Discussion | Page 5

Read the full article at Correcting Toddler Behavior - Biting, Hitting, & Throwing

Kelly Aug 14, 2010 09:58:53 AM ET

Yes, i would def. ask the daycare provider what happened to your little girl! i used to work at an in home daycare and as a parent, you have every right to know of any negative behavior going on that has an impact on your child. ask, and show the mark on your daughter and explain that you should've been told about it and you will not tolerate your child being mistreated or bullied, or worse, ignored by the caretaker!

Bree Aug 8, 2010 05:32:11 PM ET

My daughter is almost 2 and goes to a dayhome. the lady that runs it takes good care of my daughter, my concern is that she ocassionally looks after this girl who is 2 mths older and she is a biter. i picked up my daughter one day after the biter was there and noticed later that night a bruise on my daughters back in the shape of a bite, should i approach the mother of the biter or do i just let it slide. it upsets me but i don't know if i need to make a big deal of this or not... btw this is not the first time she has been bit by this other girl.

Ashley Aug 5, 2010 10:17:55 PM ET

I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter, who lately has been hitting me in the face, pinching me where ever she can, to even biting herself at times! i am at my wits end and dont know what to do anymore with her. the temper tantrums seem to be getting worse every day. i spoke to her pediatrition and she said that it was completely normal. i do not find this normal. i dont spank her, because i belive that will make her think that its ok to hit back. i do the time out thing by putting her in her room and tell her to come out when shes ready. sometimes it works, other times it doesnt. i need help!!! i mean desperatly!! i just dont know what to do anymore. any advice for me?? i open to anything, well almost anything!

allison Jul 21, 2010 08:30:48 PM ET

My two year old has an obsession with sneaking out of the house in the morning before my husband and i have woken up its dangerous and scary we have bought chain locks for the doors and that worked however he recentley figured out how to open living room window and climb out i dont know what to do to stop him someone help !

Hildi Apr 16, 2010 10:04:10 PM ET

My daughter is almost 4 yrs she hits herself when she is angry or can't get her way , what can i do to help my child? help

Rachel Apr 15, 2010 04:52:25 PM ET

Question: my two year old son throws toys at other kids, adults, animals... kids he has just met and usually seems to do it when there back is turned. i've tried spanking, timeouts etc... i don't know anyone who has dealt with this exact problem and can't seem to find any resources online. any insight from anyone? please and thanks

Danielle Apr 13, 2010 01:06:26 AM ET

I have found a big part of this phase can be trying to please others, or making the other parent feel better about what has occured. but ultimatley all you can do is try to teach your child right from wrong. and try not to worry about being judged.

Di Naylor Apr 12, 2010 02:24:57 AM ET

i had two really awkward incidences within a week which involved my son hitting and scratching much older kids. my son is two and highly energetic and full of fun, but i have to monitor his behaviour in social situations especially where tensions are running high in case he lashes out. often these incidences are unprovoked 'attacks' and the parents of these kids got really angry with me and i could sense that they blamed me for my child's behaviour. i reprimand my son every time and he is told no in no uncertain terms, but other parents seem to want you do do more.if, as you say, all toddlers exhibit this behaviour at some point how come they appear non-sympathetic? how do you deal with the parents of the child who has been hit when they are fiercely protective? as it seems that no amount of apologising seems to work!

Danielle Apr 12, 2010 12:18:06 AM ET

My son is alomst 2, and has been hitting other kids and myself for almost a year! i was worried that it was some thing more than a phase. we have been trying alot of things over this past year, but i think we need to be more consistent and allow time for things to work befor assuming they are not working.

haven Mar 13, 2010 08:46:20 PM ET

My son is 21 months and he likes to throw his sippy cup full.. now i kno its normal.. he is just curious. thanks

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next >>