Month by Month Baby Calendar
Learn what to expect during your baby's first years with our month by month baby calendar. Choose your baby's age below to see how your baby is developing.
1 Week
19 Months
20 Months
21 Months
22 Months
23 Months
24 Months

Photo Contest - WIN $50!!
Enter your baby into Baby Corner's free baby photo contest for a chance to win $50!! CASH!!

Baby Photo Contest Home
Upload & Manage Your Photos
See Past Winners!

Stay Connected!

Facebook

Twitter

RSS

You are here: Home > Toddlers > Correcting Toddler Behavior - Biting, Hitting, & Throwing > Comments

Correcting Toddler Behavior - Biting, Hitting, & Throwing Comments & Discussion | Page 5

Read the full article at Correcting Toddler Behavior - Biting, Hitting, & Throwing

Hildi Apr 16, 2010 10:04:10 PM ET

My daughter is almost 4 yrs she hits herself when she is angry or can't get her way , what can i do to help my child? help

Rachel Apr 15, 2010 04:52:25 PM ET

Question: my two year old son throws toys at other kids, adults, animals... kids he has just met and usually seems to do it when there back is turned. i've tried spanking, timeouts etc... i don't know anyone who has dealt with this exact problem and can't seem to find any resources online. any insight from anyone? please and thanks

Danielle Apr 13, 2010 01:06:26 AM ET

I have found a big part of this phase can be trying to please others, or making the other parent feel better about what has occured. but ultimatley all you can do is try to teach your child right from wrong. and try not to worry about being judged.

Di Naylor Apr 12, 2010 02:24:57 AM ET

i had two really awkward incidences within a week which involved my son hitting and scratching much older kids. my son is two and highly energetic and full of fun, but i have to monitor his behaviour in social situations especially where tensions are running high in case he lashes out. often these incidences are unprovoked 'attacks' and the parents of these kids got really angry with me and i could sense that they blamed me for my child's behaviour. i reprimand my son every time and he is told no in no uncertain terms, but other parents seem to want you do do more.if, as you say, all toddlers exhibit this behaviour at some point how come they appear non-sympathetic? how do you deal with the parents of the child who has been hit when they are fiercely protective? as it seems that no amount of apologising seems to work!

Danielle Apr 12, 2010 12:18:06 AM ET

My son is alomst 2, and has been hitting other kids and myself for almost a year! i was worried that it was some thing more than a phase. we have been trying alot of things over this past year, but i think we need to be more consistent and allow time for things to work befor assuming they are not working.

haven Mar 13, 2010 08:46:20 PM ET

My son is 21 months and he likes to throw his sippy cup full.. now i kno its normal.. he is just curious. thanks

Cortney Mar 1, 2010 10:17:29 PM ET

My daughter is 22 months old. she is mommy's little girl. everything revolves around mommy and that is ok. that is her way of showing that she loves, trusts, and depends on me. but she is constantly biting and attacking my niece when she has something that she wants right then and there. she will hit me in the face with her fists. she bites and pinches me. and yes, there is that constant "no". i do spankings, and time outs, and firm speaking... none of it seems to work... how can i get these methods to work when her grandparents that watch her every day while i am at work don't dicipline her??

Joan Feb 9, 2010 03:15:06 AM ET

Good day. i thought that my daughter's behaviour is not normal anymore. lately it seems that she acts differently everytime she want's something we have to give it to her right away or else she will get mad. thank you you for sharing now i know that it's normal.

rob Dec 21, 2009 02:18:47 PM ET

My wife and i are going though the big d. and my sons been acting and this puts a little bit of light on subject of what to do thanks

Leanna Nov 12, 2009 10:34:30 PM ET

So glad i came across this article. i was starting to think something may be wrong with my daughter but i know i'm not alone now. lol she is only 14 months but has been walking since 10 months and is already talking. she throws fits so bad in public, throws herself down on sidewalks, bites me, screams uncontrollably, and is already saying no to certain things. i put her in her crib for time-outs but it hasn't helped yet, just makes her more mad so i'm going to try the other methods listed here. thanks

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next >>