Fertility Calendar & Cycle Days

Trying to Conceive Member Poll

Have you made lifestyle changes for TTC?

Not yet, but we will

View More Polls

You are here: Home > Fertility & Trying to Conceive > What is Ovulation Spotting? > Comments

What is Ovulation Spotting? Comments & Discussion | Page 11

Read the full article at What is Ovulation Spotting?

Nikki28 Sep 20, 2013 07:22:03 AM ET

Hey, this is not a question more a comment regarding ovulation spotting. since my last pregnancy i've had ovulation spotting every month since the return of my cycle. at first i actually thought i was having a period every 2 weeks!! as i was bleeding from day 11 too 14 sometimes day 15. then 14 days or so after that i was bleeding again but heavier and longer, i was anaemic and was getting worried so went to the gp and after a few tests and keeping a diary or bleeding, as well as ovulation test strips i discovered i was bleeding from 2 days before ovulation occurred!! the gp said it was due to a rise in hormone level , and i've now each month bled the same, i know on most sites it claims it's very light spotting, but i have had so e months where for the 2 days or so it's like day 1 of my period and fresh blood, so from personal experiiance it can be heavier, like i said if i'd not had bloods done etc and a consultant say it was ovulation bleeds i'd of thought i were having a period every 2 weeks! so thought this may help someone who may be wondering g why they too bleed every 2 weeks..... as for inplantation bleeds i've got 5 children all planned as my hubby is in the forces i've always calculated in order to try and get preg sooner, as in charted temps etc etc... and my inplantation bleeds have always occurred 4 days before my period was due, but very very light spotting, as in only notice when i wiped for half a day to a day. again thought this may help xx

Lisa Sep 24, 2013 01:55:54 PM ET

Thanks nikki28...this has been really useful and i think what i'm experiencing today at cd12. never had it before but this is my first cycle after a miscarriage. i have been trying to conceive so have been temping, using opk strips and a fertility monitor, i have not had a positive lh surge yet but today, the first day of this weird mid-cycle bleed i can see the beginnings of an lh surge, i hope it is hormonal as in an oestrogen surge before ovulation and not a bleed caused by the egg popping out/rupturing of the follicle which means i've missed my chance to conceive!

cf0506 Sep 30, 2013 09:09:58 PM ET

Hi nikki...thanks for the comment. i'm 42 yrs old, and ttc for the first time. i've been trying since may with no luck, so my doc put me on clomid. i finished my first round on sept 27th. now, i'm supposed to ovulate around the 3rd of october, but i started to have the same type of bleeding yesterday. it looked like a normal period, red when i wiped with some dark clotty looking blood. it wasn't enough to put a pad or tampon on...just when i wiped. today, it's a tad bit lighter, but of course, i'm a little concerned. i've been using my opk, so i'll see what happens in the next couple of days. wish me luck!!!

BBj89 Sep 18, 2013 06:48:12 PM ET

Ok due to the depo shot i had not had my period for almost 6 months, finally on august 22 i had my period, wasn't too heavy or too light it ended on the aug 26th i was supposed to ovulate between the 3rd of sept to the 7th. on sept 3rd i had light bleeding with cramps until the 6th. my husband and i did our thing on the 7th, and now on sunday the 15th of sept i had spotting like a brownish discharge with some light pink until the 18th,my period is due tomorrow but i'm not sure if i could be pregnant? i don't know if it was ovulation bleeding followed by implantation bleeding, but i took a hpt today and it was negative.

RDG-06 Aug 27, 2013 03:36:36 AM ET

I always having ovulation spotting month to month since 12 month ago after having a miscarriage.this time around i dont know when i ovulated because the spotting started around 5pm and after an hour i felt some mild cramps. it means i ovulated around that time or when? i am asking this because most of the time that happen around 9 am. any ideal?

dominique88 Aug 14, 2013 05:06:02 PM ET

How long does everyones spotting usually last?

sandy Jul 27, 2013 01:59:09 AM ET

A week after i had sex ihad faint pink watery show only on toilet paper, it lasted less than a day but i did not have any discharge at all.. and my period isnt due till 11 days, any input??????

sandy Jul 27, 2013 01:56:55 AM ET

Amanda Jul 15, 2013 11:18:32 PM ET

Hello i am confused, i ended my period 7/8/2013 and i have reddish/brown blood today 07/15/2013 and i am not supposed to ovulate until 07/17/2013 so two days from now i should start ovulation. does this mean i am o' spotting?

Nicole Jul 24, 2013 07:58:05 AM ET

Oh my gosh! i'm very similar to you. i was due to ovulate 07/19/2013, and i had brownish pinkish blood on that day. hubby and i been tcc for about year now however i'm scheduled to have surgery in august to remove one fibroid. well my dr joke on us stating that we might end up pregnant between june leading up to day of surgery because you know what everyone always say, "when you're not trying and your mind is not on it.......that's when it'll happen". lol, well i never ever had ovulate spotting. i've had sharp pain ovulation but never spotting. too funny huh! well, i'll guess we'll just have to see what happens in next couple of days with preg test. according to the info provided, you may have ovulated within day 11-21.

SN Jun 25, 2013 10:19:10 AM ET

We are trying for pregnancy ,on 0623/2013 at 11:15 p.m.(night) we had intercourse then on 06/24/2013 i used ovulation clearblue tester it detected peak fertility around my period.my last menstrual period was on 05/27/2013 & now on 06/24/2012 i have some bleeding what does it mean?

Kat Jun 23, 2013 12:29:24 AM ET

Ive been having this red-brownish spotting since my day 14. my partner and i had sex on day 13. im on my day 17 now and still spotting. could this be ovulation spotting? im not on pills

Anas40 Jun 17, 2013 06:50:43 AM ET

I started seeing brown blood with mucus on day 18 and spotted on day 19 which has never been so,we've been trying to conceive for four years and i had sex on the day of ovulation,the doctor placed me on m2tone with endometriosis

<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next >>

Go back to What is Ovulation Spotting?