Fertility Calendar & Cycle Days

Trying to Conceive Member Poll

Have you made lifestyle changes for TTC?

Not yet, but we will

View More Polls

You are here: Home > Fertility & Trying to Conceive > What is Ovulation Spotting? > Comments

What is Ovulation Spotting? Comments & Discussion | Page 9

Read the full article at What is Ovulation Spotting?

Adjoa Ghana Nov 13, 2013 07:56:35 AM ET

I had my period on the 22nd of oct. my fertile window was 1st through the 7th upon calculation. i started feeling pain in my left and right abdomen since 10th nov. now today, 13th nov. i noticed ovulating spotting (brownish/pinkish fluid). i was suppose to have my next period on the 21 or 22 nov. please i want to know what is happening to me. thanks.

Elizabeth Nov 13, 2013 09:30:06 AM ET

Hi adjoa! after calculating, it seems your normal cycle is 31-32 days correct? if i'm wrong, please let me know, because the rest of this reply will not mean much. if it is, that would put your ovulation day either the 6th or the 7th of nov. implantation would happen 6-10 days after ovulation, so there is a slight chance it could be implantation spotting. on the other hand, if you have been under a lot of stress lately, your ovulation date and period may just be delayed.

Guest Nov 10, 2013 11:05:19 AM ET

I have just had my ovulation spotting it lasted for an hour nothing like implantation spotting which is a bit heavier. i know that it's my ovulation spotting because i had a pain on my left hand side which i have been told is when i'm ovulating by the doctor.

Guest Nov 2, 2013 01:47:54 AM ET

I'm still confused about the difference between ovulation spotting and implantation spotting. what if you were about to start your period and instead of getting any period symptoms such as cramping and bloating you get light pink spotting on the tissue and it comes the next time you use the bathroom and stops. now you're waiting on your period and you feel no symptoms of pregnancy but mild cramping and a little dizziness but mainly your going off of the light pink blood that was on the tissue so can anyone tell me if that's ovulation or implantation spotting?

Elizabeth Nov 2, 2013 10:16:19 AM ET

If the spotting is around the time you are suppose to get your period, it would most likely be implantation. if you get the spotting in the middle of your cycle, then that is ovulation. if you think you might be pregnant, then an early detection pregnancy test should tell you. if it's negative and your period does not start, wait a week and take the test again. i hope this helps!

wanaBaMama! Nov 1, 2013 09:38:49 PM ET

I've never had ovulation spotting... me and my man been trying to conceive for a few months now and no luck :(. well i was 5 days late for my period (supposed to start on oct 17 but didn't until oct 22). this month in oct and i only bleed for a day and half and the next day i spotted for only few minutes of watery bright red blood. i'm still very nauseous everyday and its getting more intense. last night was halloween and i had mucus mixed with very light brown color and it lasted a couple minutes. so we had sex last night and now we fold a pillow up and put under my hips to tilt my pelvis so the sperm can get there and i lay there afterwards on the pillow for no less then an hour before peeing or any movement so nothing runs out at all. i'm wondering if what i had was implantation bleeding like maybe i got pregnant around when i had this weird period. so confused!! i'm just tired and sick to my belly every blessed day and cramping on and off. i just want to know why, and if i'm preggo. i'll enjoy every minute but if not i want it to stop.

Guest Oct 28, 2013 08:35:09 PM ET

I need advice please, i ended my period on the 5th of oct. my fiance and i had sex on the 7th, on the 23rd i wiped and had light pink blood and we decided to have sex on 24th after sex there was blood. i am not suppose to start until the 2nd of nov. today i started to see blood and have cramps but only enough for a small panty liner and it is a creamy looking blood gross to talk about sorry.. could it be i'm preggo or just not a normal period

Somebuddyelse Sep 29, 2013 06:06:50 PM ET

I had unprotected sex on day 13 of my generally long cycle (34 days). two evenings later, i began ovulating, as i had intense cramping that lasted for nearly 36 hours. it is now day 18 (5 days after sex and 3 after ovulation began) and i am suddenly having spotting (pink with some clotting in the discharge). i have never had spotting before, although i always have cramps (which usually only last a day). i am worried that this is a sign of pregnancy. if i am just now spotting, can one assume that it is because of a stigma burst and that the egg would not have traveled far enough to be fertilized by now? i read that sperm can live on average up to 72 hours (the start of my ovulation), but in some cases as long as five days (today).

iriah Sep 26, 2013 01:58:03 PM ET

I had unprotected sex on the first and fourth day of my fertile window which was sept 19th and 22nd also had sex on the day i ovulate which was sept 24th. yesterday i used the restroom and when i wiped there was some blood mixed with this clear slimy discharge on the toilet paper. i took a shower and its still the same thing. the blood looks like small clots with the discharge mixed with it. ive been having slight cramping since it started. today its not happening anymore but im still cramping. i have a 26 day cycle. im on day 14.

Nikki28 Sep 20, 2013 07:22:03 AM ET

Hey, this is not a question more a comment regarding ovulation spotting. since my last pregnancy i've had ovulation spotting every month since the return of my cycle. at first i actually thought i was having a period every 2 weeks!! as i was bleeding from day 11 too 14 sometimes day 15. then 14 days or so after that i was bleeding again but heavier and longer, i was anaemic and was getting worried so went to the gp and after a few tests and keeping a diary or bleeding, as well as ovulation test strips i discovered i was bleeding from 2 days before ovulation occurred!! the gp said it was due to a rise in hormone level , and i've now each month bled the same, i know on most sites it claims it's very light spotting, but i have had so e months where for the 2 days or so it's like day 1 of my period and fresh blood, so from personal experiiance it can be heavier, like i said if i'd not had bloods done etc and a consultant say it was ovulation bleeds i'd of thought i were having a period every 2 weeks! so thought this may help someone who may be wondering g why they too bleed every 2 weeks..... as for inplantation bleeds i've got 5 children all planned as my hubby is in the forces i've always calculated in order to try and get preg sooner, as in charted temps etc etc... and my inplantation bleeds have always occurred 4 days before my period was due, but very very light spotting, as in only notice when i wiped for half a day to a day. again thought this may help xx

Lisa Sep 24, 2013 01:55:54 PM ET

Thanks nikki28...this has been really useful and i think what i'm experiencing today at cd12. never had it before but this is my first cycle after a miscarriage. i have been trying to conceive so have been temping, using opk strips and a fertility monitor, i have not had a positive lh surge yet but today, the first day of this weird mid-cycle bleed i can see the beginnings of an lh surge, i hope it is hormonal as in an oestrogen surge before ovulation and not a bleed caused by the egg popping out/rupturing of the follicle which means i've missed my chance to conceive!

cf0506 Sep 30, 2013 09:09:58 PM ET

Hi nikki...thanks for the comment. i'm 42 yrs old, and ttc for the first time. i've been trying since may with no luck, so my doc put me on clomid. i finished my first round on sept 27th. now, i'm supposed to ovulate around the 3rd of october, but i started to have the same type of bleeding yesterday. it looked like a normal period, red when i wiped with some dark clotty looking blood. it wasn't enough to put a pad or tampon on...just when i wiped. today, it's a tad bit lighter, but of course, i'm a little concerned. i've been using my opk, so i'll see what happens in the next couple of days. wish me luck!!!

BBj89 Sep 18, 2013 06:48:12 PM ET

Ok due to the depo shot i had not had my period for almost 6 months, finally on august 22 i had my period, wasn't too heavy or too light it ended on the aug 26th i was supposed to ovulate between the 3rd of sept to the 7th. on sept 3rd i had light bleeding with cramps until the 6th. my husband and i did our thing on the 7th, and now on sunday the 15th of sept i had spotting like a brownish discharge with some light pink until the 18th,my period is due tomorrow but i'm not sure if i could be pregnant? i don't know if it was ovulation bleeding followed by implantation bleeding, but i took a hpt today and it was negative.

RDG-06 Aug 27, 2013 03:36:36 AM ET

I always having ovulation spotting month to month since 12 month ago after having a miscarriage.this time around i dont know when i ovulated because the spotting started around 5pm and after an hour i felt some mild cramps. it means i ovulated around that time or when? i am asking this because most of the time that happen around 9 am. any ideal?

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next >>

Go back to What is Ovulation Spotting?