You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Not Gaining Weight During Pregnancy > Comments

Not Gaining Weight During Pregnancy Comments & Discussion

Read the full article at Not Gaining Weight During Pregnancy

Kyerstin Murphy Mar 14, 2018 04:09:58 PM ET

I am 21 and almost 14 weeks pregnant. i was diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum and have lost 20 pounds due to not being able to keep any foods or liquids down. my doc has tried every medication safe to take and even a couple with some low risks but nothing seems to help. i've even tried in home remedy's off the internet or suggested by my doc or anyone who has had bad morning sickness. i have now also started getting really bad dizzy spells even when sitting down, and terrible heartburn that is so bad i can't even drink water. any suggestions?

Lauren Mar 28, 2018 10:05:52 AM ET

I'm in a similar situation -24 weeks pregnant with a huge bump but, i'm still 6kg less than pre-pregnancy. still being hospitalized every couple of weeks. zofran (ondansetron) has been a life saver for me. i take 8mg dissolvable wafers every 8 hours. it only works 50% of the time but, that's better than nothing! other medications have been no use to me as i vomit the pills back up but the iv drugs are the best. i truly hope you get some relief soon.

Danielle Mar 1, 2018 09:33:45 AM ET

I'm 5-3. i'm 11 weeks and i weigh 194.

Guest Feb 21, 2018 05:18:20 AM ET

I am on 25th week of my pregnancy. i don't have morning sickness, body swelling etc problem. but i have gained only 3 kg since the beginning. is it normal? at 20th week my baby's weight was 327 gm (+-47 gm). i am worrying. please advise.

Jessica Jan 1, 2018 10:07:34 PM ET

I'm 25 weeks and 5 days pregnant. i'm having my first baby,a boy. my start weight was 138 lbs but, now i'm down to 130. i'm starting to get worried because i'm actually loosing weight and i was pretty small to start with. my doctor has me on supplements but, still no weight gain. should i be worried? the doctor said my baby is growing fine but, i was anemic before i got pregnant and he said i'm at a high risk for malnutrition. what can i do to gain weight? nothing i've tried so far is working.

Steph Feb 13, 2018 07:07:58 PM ET

Ask your obgyn to refer you to a nutritionist. i'd absolutely do that if i were you. on a side note, in order to gain weight: if you exercise frequently, cut back on that a little to preserve calories. also, try your best to eat more high calorie healthy foods- etc: nuts, avocado, peas, whole grains, lean meats. i hope you and baby continue to do well.

eliza Oct 21, 2017 09:59:56 AM ET

I'm 28weeks pregnant and since 22weeks have been 47kg and not gaining any weight. what might be the problem? please advice.

Neelima Oct 3, 2017 04:56:44 AM ET

I am 23 weeks pregnant. but, starting month to upto now, i just only gained 2kgs. this that my baby is healthy? this is my 1st pregnancy.

mbali Aug 29, 2017 05:40:30 AM ET

Hi, i'm 32. i'm 4 weeks pregnant and i'm 45kg and i think i don't gain wait. please help.

Anna Jul 26, 2017 09:18:58 PM ET

I'm 24weeks pregnant with my baby girl. when i first got pregnant, i was 170, now i'm 160 and my doctor says i've not gained any weight but, my baby is 2pounds already. does anyone have any idea of what's going on with me?

Amanda Apr 21, 2017 04:27:10 AM ET

I started at 95 kgs before pregnancy. i am 31 weeks and n down to 67 kgs i keep loosing it, and so does baby. any ideas?

Maria mendoza Mar 7, 2017 01:06:30 PM ET

I haven't gain any weight since pregnancy. i weigh 211 now but in february 28 i weighed 214. now i weigh 211 on march 07,2017. is that a problem? i eat a good diet and take my vitamins like folic acid, prenatal vitamins, and iron. still didn't gain weight since pregnancy

1 2 3 4 5 Next >>