The Best and Worst Celebrity Baby Names of 2012Katlyn Joy |30, December 2012
If only for curiosity's sake, we love celebrity baby names. While we may mock them, the reality is many celebrity baby names kick off baby naming trends. For instance, Mason is climbing the baby name charts not in small part due to the Kardashians. Here is a selection of the best baby names of stardom in no particular order:
The Best Baby Names of 2012
1. India Rose. Actor Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and actress wife Elsa Pataky's daughter was born May 11 in London while Hemsworth was promoting his film Snow White and the Huntsman. This name fits the geographical trend in baby naming.
2. Faith Evangeline Elisa. Kelsey Grammer and wife Kayte Walsh welcomed their daughter this year but sadly announced that Faith's twin brother did not survive.
3. Callen Christian. New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees and wife Brittany gave birth to son number three on August 15.
4. Noah Shannon. Born to actors Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green, Noah enjoys the long tradition of gleaning Biblical names for babies. The name Noah was also given to the son of Allesandra Ambrosio, as well as Josh Lucas' newborn boy. Probably a name to watch climb the baby name charts over the next couple years.
5. Camden Jack. Son of reality TV's Kristin Cavallari and Chicago Bears' quarterback Jay Cutler was born on August 8. Camden is also the name of Nick Lachey and wife Vanessa Minnillo's son.
6. Sabbath Page. This baby boy was born to guitar legend Zakk Wylde and wife Barbaranne. While perhaps borderline "out there," it still seems cool enough for a rocker without going to the lengths of Moon Unit.
7. Sky Cole. Born to actress Elizabeth Berkley and husband Greg Lauren, a designer and artist, baby Sky joins the ranks of the popular gender-neutral or gender bending celebrity named.
8. Lucia. Daughter of actress Mira Sorvino and granddaughter of actor Paul Sorvino, little Lucia is sib to brothers Holden and Johnny and sister Mattea.
9. Zayne. Born to country singer Mindy McCready and boyfriend David Wilson, baby Zayne may be part of another Z name trend that includes Zane, son of Heather Tom, and Zander, son of Billy Martin.
10. Miranda Scarlett. Born to comic actor Rob Schneider and TV producer wife Patricia, Miranda may not boast the most creative name of celebrity offspring but it's pretty and well...normal!
11. Elliotte Anne. Born to actress Marla Sokoloff and husband Alec Puro, daughter Elliotte boasts a feminine twist to gender bending names popular lately among both celebs and us plainfolks alike.
12. Leo James. Leo seems like it might be a new name to watch as it's hit the celeb list a few times in the past year or so. Leo James is son of Superman dad, Brandon Routh and wife actress Courtney Ford.
They Named the Baby What?
I hate to call any innocent new baby's name a worst name but let's just call these choices and trends questionable.
1. Breeze Beretta. OK, I know it's the like shooting fish in a barrel making fun of names in any way associated with the Palin clan, but naming a baby after weather AND firearms? This little girl is daughter to Levi Johnston and his present girlfriend. Levi had son Tripp with previous girlfriend Bristol Palin.
2. Old people names. Everything eventually comes back in style but some of these names still conjure up images of adult diapers more than newborn ones. Examples include Bruce Willis' new daughter Mabel, Lily Allen's daughter Ethel, and a generous helping of Pearls from Jack Osborne's daughter Pearl Clementine, to Caleb Followill's daughter Dixie Pearl, to Jake Owen's daughter Olive Pearl.
3. Take a deep breath. Now say Uma Thurman's daughter's name. Ready? It's Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence Thurman-Busson. Nickname? Luna.
4. Skip the middleman and go straight to the nickname. For instance, Sarah-Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze, Jr. gave their son the first name, Rocky while Jason Lee kept it simple in giving his son the name Sonny.
5. Clover Clementyne. With cute country names less is more, so this name of the daughter of Natasha Gregson Wagner is a bit over the top.
6. Maple Sylvie. Jason Bateman, actor of Horrible Bosses, Juno and many other TV shows and films and wife Amanda Anka, daughter of singer Paul Anka, gave a really sweet name to their second daughter. Food names seem popular with stars, like Apple. But maybe this one is a bit too sweet.
7. Blue Ivy. Sounds more like the offspring of botanists than musical powerhouses but maybe it will grow on us. Sorry, no pun intended.
8. Hawkins Crawford. Tony Romo, quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, has a son with a bit of an unusual handle. The repetition in the first and middle names does not trip off the tongue.
9. Astala Dylan Willow. This gender neutral name sounds a bit more feminine than masculine to many ears, but that's the name of Peaches Geldof's son in point of fact.
10. Bastian Kick. When you add the last name, Sisto, it sounds more like a command than a name. This is the moniker chosen for his son by Jeremy Sisto and wife Addie Lane. By the way big sis' name is Charlie-Ballerina. Nuff said.
11. Presidential names. OK, this could be not so bad. While Martha Stewart's daughter Alexis settled on the name Truman for her newborn son it could be a dangerous trend. Truman isn't so bad or bizarre, but imagine first names like Eisenhower, Buchanan, Roosevelt or Hoover?
12. Exton Elias. Son of actor Robert Downey Jr and wife Susan, the name does sound either slightly snooty or rather like a petroleum company.
Be the first to add your comment, or ask a question.
You are commenting as .
Please register or login if you would like to be notified by email of replies to your comment.