You are here: Home - Pregnancy - My Doctor Says I\'m Suffering from Ptyalism? > Comments

My Doctor Says I\'m Suffering from Ptyalism? Comments & Discussion | Page 2

Read the full article at My Doctor Says I'm Suffering from Ptyalism?

Guest Sep 8, 2017 12:42:29 AM ET

Hi. i also suffered from ptyalism. i hated the spit cups, just uugh! tried two different anti nausea medications, no good. when i was sleeping i did the towel on the pillow, or the washcloth in the mouth thing (better!) and i just kept a bucket next to the bed to drop the wet washcloth in during the night, and i would continually replace it with a dry one. so what i ended up doing during the day was this: started off with a ton of washcloths and i cut them into 1"x4" strips. i would leave the house with two ziplock bags, one full of the clean strips and one empty. i would place a strip under my tongue for 10-15 minutes, put it in the empty bag, and start with a new strip. basically i kept this up all day at work. i could talk, it was kind of weird, but not as weird as carrying around a cup. also, it really kept me from accidentally swallowing, and i could kind of get away from the saliva taste. around 4 months in i started drinking 1 cup of coffee every morning, (it seemed to help with digestion) and overall it was bearable by 5.5 months. the nausea was gone the day after delivery. maybe helpful? the hardest thing was that no one had really heard of this and i think people thought, well i'm not sure what they thought, mostly they just asked if i had tried saltines.

deneme Jun 8, 2017 09:32:32 AM ET

I have suffered this pytalism sendrome together with a thick phlegm back on my throat. i was not able to drink water because it disgusted me, i was vomiting 7-8 times a day and feeling horrible. i also read alot of forums and lost hope that this can go away. but it did go away. (15th week) below are the things i tried 1- i ensured that my nose is open, and i can breathe from my nose using neti pot. 2- i quit drinking fruit juice, and started to drink water with cucumber in it. every 500-600ml , i sliced some cucumber in it and drank the water. i increased my water intake to almost 2litres/day. 3- i ate roasted almonds 4- i ate alot of cucumber. in 4 days my symptoms just gone. i am not sure whether its gone because of what i did, or because of the hormones but now i feel ok. so do not lose hope, it can go away.

Guest May 21, 2017 11:41:43 PM ET

I am 33 weeks and still having this problem. i've tried so many remedies but nothing works. who ever comes up with a cure will be a miracle worker!

Kelly Jan 26, 2017 10:29:15 PM ET

It's the worst. mine didn't stop untill a day after birth. i'm now 17 weeks and going through it again . nothing helps but eating and drinking.

Guest Dec 17, 2016 09:35:23 PM ET

I went through this in 1969. it was quite rare and my ob did a lot of medical journal reading to help me. i ended up dehydrated and hospitalized for iv fluids many times. sorry to say it lasted about a month after my healthy daughter was born. i lost 25 pounds.

Baby Durrell Apr 10, 2015 08:44:11 AM ET

I can't control this excessive spitting. i get nauseated whenever i swallow.

Baby Durrell Mar 31, 2015 08:45:42 AM ET

I can't control this excessive spitting. i get nauseated whenever i swallow.

ifeoma kareem Mar 23, 2015 02:51:54 PM ET

I need to stop this spitting and mugur from my throat. i need help please. i am 7 weeks and i feel terrible.

liz Feb 19, 2015 06:58:17 PM ET

I went through hell as i suffered hyperemesis graviderum, and i'm still on it. the spitting part is something i don't wish on my worst enemy. drinking water that's not too warm, but a bit hot helps me like wise. i have a son and i earnestly pray this is a girl because i'm not doing this again. i've been in and out of the hospital due to over severe morning sickness. i look like a scare crow, and i really appreciate my husbands help. i sleep, and when i mistakenly swallow my saliva i jump out of bed like a crazy woman, and run straight to the bathroom to throw it up. i can't imagine a drop of it staying inside my stomach. i can't stand the smell of anything. please, jesus should either come right away and heal me, or fast forward time so i can have this baby. i've never seen anything like this. never! love you guys, and be safe.

Fiona Jul 28, 2015 07:29:59 AM ET

Hello liz, i feel your pain. i am going through the same symptoms, and often people feel like i am pretending or craving attention. i can't wait for this to be over.

Anna Sep 28, 2016 05:19:24 PM ET

Goodness, i feel your wrath going through this at this moment. right now i can't deal. i'm about to go insane!

Guest Feb 13, 2015 05:04:18 PM ET

I have heard that coffee beans work perfectly to dry the spit. it might taste a little bad, but just let the beans sit sublingually.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >>

Go back to My Doctor Says I\'m Suffering from Ptyalism?