You are here: Home - Pregnancy - My Doctor Says I\'m Suffering from Ptyalism? > Comments

My Doctor Says I\'m Suffering from Ptyalism? Comments & Discussion | Page 4

Read the full article at My Doctor Says I'm Suffering from Ptyalism?

Caroline NYC Sep 29, 2013 04:25:11 PM ET

I started spitting at seven weeks...it was torturous and embarassing..i am so happy to day it just stopped at 22 weeks...it has been three days and i have never been happier in my life..it was horrible...now that's its over it still was horrible! you will get thru it bough!! i did!! suafed helped it to ease up a bit, but check with ur md

Ann Feb 21, 2013 03:33:45 PM ET

I am from holland and have the same condition. now i am almost 17 weeks and it only gets worse. i was in the hospital for being dehydrated. it drives me crazy!

Mummy Dec 7, 2012 07:40:46 AM ET

I go through this too i must say its very uncomfortable...

Stephanie Oct 29, 2012 07:27:22 PM ET

Hello dear friends, i am 7 weeks tomorrow. i too, suffer from this maddening pregnancy symptom. i have not tried the bitter kola yet but will give it a shot if i find some. dh just got ome from the store with salty sunflower seeds. he read mewhere that it may help what we have. i empathize with all of you and hope you all find a cure and have healhy babies. ~ peace & prayers everyone!

nadine Oct 12, 2012 05:02:38 PM ET

Am also going through this, i would like to know if i can get bitter kola here in england...please help.

Christine Oct 2, 2012 05:44:53 PM ET

I am 10 weeks preg. and this is not my first pregnancy, but this saliva build up is driving me nuts. i see that no one really has a safe/sure cure for it so i pray that it ends by my 3rd or 4th month. good luck to everyone on this irritating symptom.

Emily Sep 26, 2012 02:15:00 PM ET

I've been spitting too since i turned 4 5weeks and at the moment i am 12weeks gone, someone just told me today to swirl bitter-kola in my mouth instead of mints, sweets, etc. i'm just doing that annd trust me, it is working. it keeps the saliva back and i am so grateful to her. i'm from nigeria and don't know if bitter-kola is available everywhere. try it, it's working.

Nat Aug 21, 2012 10:17:56 AM ET

Hello! i am 6 weeks pregnant and have been suffering with this excessive spit since i turned 6 weeks. i am pregnant with my second child and yes i did go through this with the first. it is in deed the excessive spit that causes the nausea. i have an appt. coming up in the 24th and will speak with my docotr about getting some meds to help me with this. i deal with people and are directly in contact with them. i have to keep a spit cup under my desk while i am at work. someone please give me hope that there is indeed a cure for this madness.

livia Aug 14, 2012 08:02:48 AM ET

Hi,am alittle over 9wks and started noticing excess saliva about a wk ago. the funny thing is hv been throwing up since 6th wk and now i hv to deal with spitting too.hv always believed that u suffer either one,so i don't understand wots going on.this is my 2nd pregnancy and i only had to suffer thru vomitting in d first trimester.is there anyone else experiencing both or is something wrong with me?

brenda Jul 30, 2012 06:55:57 AM ET

Hi ladies i am 16wks with mi 2nd preg. i started spitting at about 8wks and still going. this is the worst symptom of preg. havent been to work for 2mnths. i sit with a bucket of water in mi living room dly waiting for the day it stops. dont remember having it with mi first.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >>

Go back to My Doctor Says I\'m Suffering from Ptyalism?