You are here: Home - Pregnancy - My Doctor Says I\'m Suffering from Ptyalism? > Comments

My Doctor Says I\'m Suffering from Ptyalism? Comments & Discussion | Page 4

Read the full article at My Doctor Says I'm Suffering from Ptyalism?

LaMonica M. Dec 1, 2013 10:42:35 PM ET

I too suffer from ptyalism with my third pregnancy. i spit with my 1st, but only on occasion. my second was about the same as this pregnancy, constant spitting with a spit bottle, nausea, vomiting, dehydration, depression. it has gotten so bad, i have almost given up and opted for abortion (hoes against my beliefs completely). i'm just tired of suffering through this. i cry each day and pray as well. it makes my 5 year old daughter so upset to see me go through this, she cries. i can't even spend time with my family without spitting or nausea. i have tried everything and i'm at the end of my rope.

Tricia Jan 8, 2014 06:51:28 PM ET

Please hang in there. i too am facing the challenges of all day nausea and vomiting while constantly spitting in a cup. what helps me is to remember that i am not alone. many women go through this. and it is only for a season of life and will be over soon when the doctor places our beautiful babies in our arms. continue to pray. also reading the bible, especially the psalms, can be very encouraging. and on a practical note, i buy a pack of disposable coffee cups with lids and use them for spit cups. people think i am sipping coffee and i don't feel the need to explain my spitting problem. i pray that you feel better soon and are able to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Guest Nov 16, 2013 08:35:37 AM ET

Hi thank god i found all of u fellow suffered in from kenya and i'm 15 weeks. i have spat so much since my 5th week it goes almost up to a liter a day (i have measured gross!!) but when it's your problem you do anything. anyway i'm so miserable and get dehydrated all the time it's worse after i have taken water or dairy products, starchy food and sugar, salty foods like peanuts roasted with salt try to help but not for when 10 mins. i have tried anything and everything but i'm always back to zero, lets just pray for each other and look at the prize ahead, the baby. i'm sorry ladies its hell, embarrassing especially people getting grossed when they see you spit because i'm not showing yet so you can't start explaining. chao.

Caroline NYC Sep 29, 2013 04:25:11 PM ET

I started spitting at seven weeks...it was torturous and embarassing..i am so happy to day it just stopped at 22 weeks...it has been three days and i have never been happier in my life..it was horrible...now that's its over it still was horrible! you will get thru it bough!! i did!! suafed helped it to ease up a bit, but check with ur md

Ann Feb 21, 2013 03:33:45 PM ET

I am from holland and have the same condition. now i am almost 17 weeks and it only gets worse. i was in the hospital for being dehydrated. it drives me crazy!

Mummy Dec 7, 2012 07:40:46 AM ET

I go through this too i must say its very uncomfortable...

Stephanie Oct 29, 2012 07:27:22 PM ET

Hello dear friends, i am 7 weeks tomorrow. i too, suffer from this maddening pregnancy symptom. i have not tried the bitter kola yet but will give it a shot if i find some. dh just got ome from the store with salty sunflower seeds. he read mewhere that it may help what we have. i empathize with all of you and hope you all find a cure and have healhy babies. ~ peace & prayers everyone!

nadine Oct 12, 2012 05:02:38 PM ET

Am also going through this, i would like to know if i can get bitter kola here in england...please help.

Christine Oct 2, 2012 05:44:53 PM ET

I am 10 weeks preg. and this is not my first pregnancy, but this saliva build up is driving me nuts. i see that no one really has a safe/sure cure for it so i pray that it ends by my 3rd or 4th month. good luck to everyone on this irritating symptom.

Emily Sep 26, 2012 02:15:00 PM ET

I've been spitting too since i turned 4 5weeks and at the moment i am 12weeks gone, someone just told me today to swirl bitter-kola in my mouth instead of mints, sweets, etc. i'm just doing that annd trust me, it is working. it keeps the saliva back and i am so grateful to her. i'm from nigeria and don't know if bitter-kola is available everywhere. try it, it's working.

Nat Aug 21, 2012 10:17:56 AM ET

Hello! i am 6 weeks pregnant and have been suffering with this excessive spit since i turned 6 weeks. i am pregnant with my second child and yes i did go through this with the first. it is in deed the excessive spit that causes the nausea. i have an appt. coming up in the 24th and will speak with my docotr about getting some meds to help me with this. i deal with people and are directly in contact with them. i have to keep a spit cup under my desk while i am at work. someone please give me hope that there is indeed a cure for this madness.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >>

Go back to My Doctor Says I\'m Suffering from Ptyalism?