You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Short Cervix and Preterm Labor > Comments

Short Cervix and Preterm Labor Comments & Discussion | Page 2

Read the full article at Short Cervix and Preterm Labor

Elizabeth Feb 19, 2012 02:49:00 PM ET

I am 33 weeks tomorrow and i have been having contractions for 9 days now. at 31 weeks my baby weighed 5 lbs 9 ozs and they were asking if i had gd which i dont but im concerned about the contractions so i went to the hospital and the said my cervix had shortened and that i was having more contractions then i should be. im not dilated and my water hasnt broken but they are getting worse. what should i do?

Elizabeth Feb 19, 2012 02:46:02 PM ET

I am 33 weeks tomorrow and i have been having contractions for 9 days now. i went to the hospital and the said my cervix had shortened and that i was having more contractions then i should be. im not dilated and my water hasnt broken but they are getting worse. what should i do?

AshleyRenee Feb 1, 2012 04:11:38 PM ET

I'm 20 weeks. i was called in to my dr.'s office last week after my ultrasound results came back, showing my cervix had shrank down to 1cm. i was referred to a specialists at north austin medical (st.david's) and within 2 hours my iv && medications were in. i was really worried why this was happening. my dr didn't even understand why because i had never had children before. anyways, long story short.. lol i went to the hospital tuesday afternoon, had my cerclage at 5pm wed. && was able to go home the next afternoon. i have to say i was really scared that they were going to put me under lol but a simple spinal was all that was needed. i'm still on bed rest till 28 weeks, then we'll see how things are going. i'm also going to transfer to the hospital the specialist is at because it is amaaaazing! && everyone there is very nice && care for you well. good luck to everyone else on bed rest! we will get through these boring times! lol && it will all be worth it when our beautiful healthy babies arrive!

asim Jan 27, 2012 12:17:54 PM ET

Hi,i am 23 weeks 5 days today, had cerclage on 15 week ,now lenght is 1 cm ,taking progesterone per vaginally, complete bedrest at home ,weekly prenatal visit ,hopefully admit next week for steriod shot.

Elizabeth Jan 15, 2012 06:04:25 PM ET

I am 23 weeks and 5 days and i am having a little boy. and i have a cervix and there is only one centimeter left. i have been in the hospital since friday and i am on strict bed rest. they watch me closely they are positive its coming early. they have given me steroid shots to help the babies lungs develop faster so when it comes early it will have a chance of surviving. i know it gets boring sitting in the bed all day but its for the best for you and your baby.

vicky Jan 12, 2012 12:18:00 AM ET

Hello mommys, and mommys to be. i am currently sitting, well laying i should say in a hospital bed. been here for 6 days and let me tell you, i would love to go home. i am 19 and 24 weeks today, with my first baby, a girl. i know its very upsetting to be on bed rest, but i know nobody wants to have an unhealthy baby. so we have to sacrifice. isnt that what being a parent is all about? well i sure didnt think it was gonna happen this soon. i just wish the best of luck to all the strong mommys out there. take it one day at a time, and remember, hey it could be alot worse.

traci Oct 6, 2011 08:48:20 PM ET

I'm 33 weeks and i was told that i had short cervix but was not told how short my doctor put me on strict bed rest at 30 weeks but i'm having lower abdominal pains and back pains but i don't think that's its true contractions . any ideas!

Jamila Sep 15, 2011 06:53:21 PM ET

My heart and prays go out to all of us facing this experience. i am 23 weeks pregnant with my first child in florida with no health insurance but live in california. i have been given a prescription for hydroprogesterone because my cervice is short at 1.5. i have been in the hospital for a week now and need to get back home. does that make me horrible for willing to take a chance and getting on a plane back to california?

Melanie Sep 9, 2011 08:58:33 PM ET

I am now 24 weeks, and have been on bedrest starting at 21 weeks. they noticed a shortened cervix at 21 weeks measuring 1.7cm, a week later, my cervix had shortened to a .6mm and i am in a different, bigger, better hospital until i deliever. i have been getting progestrone, and shots for the babys lungs to mature quicker. they wont perform a cerclauge on me, because after 24 weeks it is too risky. i'm on strict bedrest and am only allowed to walk if i have to use the bathroom. it's a scary, scary thing, but with the right nurses and doctors, i believe a baby at this age can survive and be healthy, no matter how long their in the nicu, they're getting the care they need. stay strong ladies!!

Jessie Aug 9, 2011 05:09:21 PM ET

I am 19wks w. twins been on bedrest for 3 wks now and will remain this way until delivery due to thinning cervix. i was told that no meds will be considered until i reach 24wks. i have had a healthy 9lb baby boy 8 yrs ago and have been through an miscarriage and eptopic since. keeping my fingers crossed that this total bedrest works and that in 3wks at my next u/s we can do the cerclage.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >>