You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Short Cervix and Preterm Labor > Comments

Short Cervix and Preterm Labor Comments & Discussion | Page 3

Read the full article at Short Cervix and Preterm Labor

cortney Jun 30, 2011 07:35:24 PM ET

I have been in the hospital for 6 weeks on bed rests i am so upseyt right now at 26w i was put here just to get to 28 w then they said my bag was bulging but no contractions well today i had an ults and exam and they said my bag was bulging again but hello u said that last time iam 32 weeks right now and want to go home on bed rests like alot of the other mommies ive read about but dr wont let me i have tears down my face right now i have a 6 yeart old at home and admit to having cabin fever comparible to a breakdown so stressed why cant i go home on bed rests im 32 weeks and will stay with my mom and husband will help even my 6 year old and sister oh my gosh help meeeeeeeeeee

Tony May 10, 2011 05:48:17 PM ET

I was 23 1/2 weeks pregnant when i found out my cervix was short 0.5cm. i was hospitalize for 6 weeks and later sent home on complete bedrest. i live alon, was able to cook and and go food shopping. thank god, i was lucky to have my healthy baby boy to 37 week.

Paola Apr 27, 2011 03:30:06 PM ET

2 weeks ago i was diagnosed with a short cervix, at the time i was 21 weeks and was at 2.4, the doctor put me on strict bed rest. i went back yesterday for a check up (2 weeks later) and now my cervix is at 2.7. i really believe that the bed rest helped, not much, but better then nothing! so far so good, he expects me to continue bed rest until at least 34 weeks. i hope everything stays as it is now. my first child was born at 34 weeks, probably due to having a short cervix, i think i was lucky that he wasn't born earlier. but i am grateful that he is a very healthy 3 year old. i wish everyone else the best of luck!

Mommyof7 Mar 29, 2011 04:14:38 PM ET

Having a short cervix is a very serious condition. i wish i would have known about before my first loss. i learned the hard way five times. my babies were born very early ranging from 20 - 24 weeks. unfortunately 4 did not survive. i am blessed with the last one born at 1 pound. this was the only time i had a stitch called the cerclage. although it did not take me to full term it gave me a week. my son is one now and is very healthy. i am pregnant again and scared to death. i don't know what to expect. i wish everyone the best of luck including myself.

nyanna Mar 16, 2011 08:17:36 PM ET

I am 22 weeks pregnant and i am getting pain and the baby turn downwards i am afarid of what will happen to the baby and myself what should i do what should i do.....

Christy Mar 13, 2011 02:42:53 PM ET

I am 31 weeks pregnant now and was told last week that my cervix measured 1 cm in length but was fully closed. im very worried about preterm birth. i already went into preterm labor once and it was stopped at 28 weeks. im on bed rest at home and told to drink lots of fluids. this is my first pregnancy and i just want to have a healthy baby boy.

nina Mar 9, 2011 07:36:20 PM ET

I was 20 weeks pregnant when i found out i has short and thin cervix. four weeks later i went back and i was 100% percent efface n 5 cm dialated. i got rushed to shady grove and a week later i had my son. he was there for awhile but i couldn't be more thankful for the doctors and nurses. and he is 6 months now and happy so please take it very easy don't stand a lot and you will be ok.

thea Feb 7, 2011 02:58:53 AM ET

My doctor diagnosd that im having short cervix...so she refer me to go to manila to have a cerclage.....im hoping that it will work now...i miscarriage 4 babies....2 girls and twin boys....

Desiree Jones Jan 29, 2011 06:16:52 PM ET

I pray for all the women who have experienced this and those who are currently going through it. i found out i had a short cervix with my first pregnancy, was put on bed rest (praise the women who have gone through this; it is tough) at 20 weeks with a weekly ultrasound for monitoring. i had a beautiful baby girl at 33 weeks (not optimal but survivable). i am now pregnant with my 2nd and am approaching 18 weeks- the anxiety of what is to come is palatable! have had 2 weeks of progesterone injections and am awaiting my next ultrasound in about 3 weeks.....

Melissa Jan 17, 2011 12:22:39 PM ET

I am 22 weeks and just found out i have a short cervix. the doctor told me to come back in a week for another ultrasound and not to lift anything heavy. this is my third child and didn't have any problems with my other two. i am very worried and don't know what to expect.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >>