You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Short Cervix and Preterm Labor > Comments

Short Cervix and Preterm Labor Comments & Discussion | Page 4

Read the full article at Short Cervix and Preterm Labor

susan Jan 15, 2011 12:00:01 AM ET

I was diagnosed with a short cervix the same date i went in to find out my baby's sex. i think the docs shouldve checked this out way before! at 19 weeks i gave birth to my little girl which didn't survive. i'm still devastated since this was my first little girl after being married for almost 10 yrs. i pray every night for everyone going through this, hipefully god has a plan for us.

Linda Jan 12, 2011 07:39:29 PM ET

I just found out i have short cervix im 22w5d im very scared for my baby boy bed rest is all i been doin still worried

danielle Jan 11, 2011 10:57:01 AM ET

Hi there -- i was diagnosed with a short cervix at 19 weeks as well with my first pregnancy and i had no idea what that meant when i was first alerted. my pregnancy was very difficult. i was in and out of the hospital, actually lived there from my 6th to 7th month but in the end i made it to 37wks 3 days and i have a beautiful daughter!! i was on bed rest from 19 wks till 34, my bed was raised in the front on top of blocks to slope downwards towards my head so the gravity would be kept off of my cervix (talk about head rushes!) and i couldn't even take a shower every day just to keep off of my feet. i had steroid shots and i got a progesterone shot every week in my butt to help maintain my pregnancy..it's really hard and i honestly truly feel for women diagnosed with this terrible condition cause it makes you a complete basket case every day. i'm scared to get pregnant again but my doctor already told me that next time i will be getting a cerclage at 13 weeks. just think positive, and remember you're doing all this for the best gift you're going to receive...it's all worth it and then some!!! :)

cristal Dec 9, 2010 12:46:05 AM ET

i had my little girl at 21 weeks but i was in hard labor for 10hrs when my baby was born the dr accidently cut her face while trying to cut me i believe thats the way she passed because i was feeling her kick me then it stopped then i got pregnant for the second time and went in for a cerclage at 13wks the next day i went into labor again they said it was cause of a infections i caught now 4 yrs later im pregnant again 9wks today and since day one that i found out i havent had a good night of sleep i really hope my baby makes it this time it will be my first i pray hard for all those in the same position of me

Seema Nov 30, 2010 05:20:39 PM ET

I am 22w5d pregnant and i was told a week before that i have a short cervix hope make to the end. this is my 1st pregnancy n i always pray to god just take care of my lovely baby & give him long life. pray for all of u to have a healthy baby..

Erika Nov 13, 2010 12:57:04 PM ET

I'm 20weeks and the doctor said my cervix is short and open 1.3cm she told me i have two options, is to stay pregnant and she'll give me some medication for contractions or terminate the pregnancy, i'm going to go through it and stay pregnant... hope god be with me to give birth to my baby boy.

crystal Oct 30, 2010 06:56:19 PM ET

I am 18 weeks, our second child, expecting a girl, just found out my cervix is shortened 2.5 cm. had my 10 hour work days as a physical therapist shortened to 5 hours a day, and instructed to take it easy at home. no bleeding, contractions...and carried my first son to 39 weeks with no complications. still a bit worried, am being rechecked in 12 days.

Rafael Oct 30, 2010 03:50:23 AM ET

To all u mothers and soon to be mothers..try not to worry to much! everyone was made in all different shapes and sizes, what is normal? eat healthy and be smart! anticipate and listen to your bodies! i am 27, my wife and i lost our twins at 20 weeks. we r pregnant again going on 22 weeks. lift up ur worries to god! have faith! you are the miracle!

miranda Oct 27, 2010 10:19:47 PM ET

I am 32 week and the doctor told me i have a short cervix at 29 weeks.ive been staying in the hospital ever since on bed rest they told me ill be stayin here until im at least 34 weeks or unless i go into labor before than praying not to go ino labor.evan tho its a little frustrating having to be here but i no at the end it will all be worth it.and i pray and hope for the best for everyone else who is goin thru the same thing im goin thru.

Laura Sep 10, 2010 11:11:23 PM ET

April 26 i gave birth to a son jaden at 27 weeks they think i went into labor because he had an infection but i didn't really have a lot of contractions i am pregnant again due march 25 i am 12 weeks right now and the doctor is going to start measuring my cervix at 16 weeks every 2 weeks to make sure it is not thinning and also doing a test that can tell if i am going to deliver in the next 2 weeks we are taking precautions and i am praying this baby makes it to full term to all who have lost i am with u it is the hardest thing i have had to go through i pray you find peace i pray that i will eventually find peace myself

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >>