You are here: Home - Pregnancy - Short Cervix and Preterm Labor > Comments

Short Cervix and Preterm Labor Comments & Discussion | Page 6

Read the full article at Short Cervix and Preterm Labor

Sherrie Jun 21, 2010 12:53:46 PM ET

Im 30w4d i was putt on hospital bed rest at 24w4d and its really hard for me. im n a hospital thats 3hours away from where i live so my family dont get to vist except for my boyfriend. im thinking about leaving the hospital. i havent had any contractions or problems since i been here.

amanda Jun 17, 2010 08:04:29 PM ET

I am 34 weeks and i was told the i had a short cervix and this is my 3rd preganancy i am worriod cuz i had a stillbrith baby 3years agao

Nia Jun 15, 2010 10:28:15 PM ET

I am currently 29 weeks. i just spent a night a full day at the hospital because of concerns of a short cervix. i was in to see my doctor early yesterday because i had been experiencing frequent braxton hics and they were getting quite uncomfortable. my entire pelvic area is in a lot of pain and i have difficulty standing or walking for even short periods of time. when my doctor examined me she said my cervix felt quite short, she order an ultrasound which i got done at the hospital and my cervix measured 3cm. still, she put me in bedrest. i guess i have no choice but to do what ever it takes to bring this baby into the world and listen to doctors orders so that my baby can continue to grow and be healthy.

Rose Jun 11, 2010 07:39:04 PM ET

I'm 26wks pregnant and today my dr told me my cervix seemed to be short. she scheduled an appointment for me to have an u/s next week. from reading these comments i'm getting really scared. i love my son and want nothing but the best for him. but wat can i do to protect him in the mean time? :(

SP Jun 10, 2010 03:47:58 PM ET

I am now 23 weeks pregnant and found out yesterday that my cervix is 2.2cm which is shorter then it should be. when i had my ultrasound they said they usually like to see the cervix at around 3cm. i am now on bed rest for a week until i have my next ultrasound and doctor's appointment. after reading all of your testimonies i am very scared for the health of my baby. i do not want her to come early and i definitely do not want to loose her. i plan to follow the guidelines of bed rest closely and next week i will ask for the things you all have mentioned: cerclage, hormones to speed up lung development and anything else available to me. thank you all for sharing your stories. my heart goes out to all of you who have experienced loss. for everyone who is currently in my position have faith and don't hesitate to do whatever you need to for your baby. my god watch over us all. god bless!

tiffany May 24, 2010 01:31:29 PM ET

I am 19 weeks and i was told my cervix is shorten just a little bit and first child came at 24weeks due to an incompetnet cervix

Gail May 19, 2010 11:54:28 PM ET

I was 26 weeks, 2 days when my doctor informed me i had a short cervix (2.2 cm) and funnelling. i was placed on strict bedrest, along with a prescription of progesterone. i am happy to announce that i am now in my 34th week and things are still stable. funnelling is gone, though cervix remains short. i see my doc every 2 weeks. don't despair with the short cervix - follow doctor's orders, have faith, and stick with the bedrest! good luck everyone : )

Matte Rae May 14, 2010 06:03:14 PM ET

Hi i am 21 weeks i have a cervix that is.5- .9 long on bedrest.they want to give me a cerclage and yes there is high risks.... my water could break any suggestions... this is the second time this has happened.

Crystal h May 4, 2010 01:53:09 PM ET

Im 19 wks n my doc told me today i have a short cevix i am so scared cause i have had 2 babies die because of comming to early i hope n pray my baby makes it

Ann Apr 30, 2010 07:59:49 PM ET

I'm 33 wks pregnant and have been on bedrest since i was 25 weeks pregnant due to a very short cervix, i was hospitialized for 9 days and than sent home with progeterone suppositories and i recieved steriod shots, my cervix got down to 1.5 and than grew back to 2.2 now i'm down to 1.7 i am hopefully getting off bedrest next week. my dr said they do not try to stop labor after 34 weeks, i hope i can make it to 36 weeks that is considered full term. stay strong everyone. hope this helps!!!

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next >>